Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

@ShaG There may be a mistake in my guide BIOS settings for IGPU users. Before you try the new EFI or rebuild your installer try and set:

Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Graphics Configuration > IGPU Multi-Monitor > Disabled

Pretty sure that is the issue for IGPU, if not try the EFI attached below.

Please let me know what solution worked. Thanks!

Attachments

• IGPU-EFI.zip
    22.8 MB · Views: 130
Maybe. Try it and if you have the same issue, try also setting BIOS:

Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Graphics Configuration > IGPU Multi-Monitor > Disabled

Sure, report after 8 hours. I post some photos took in verbose mode, not sure whether it helps.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

I tore apart my system trying to figure out the IGPU issue:
  1. Removed all patches one by one
  2. Tried an older version of my EFI, definitely not BIOS related
  3. Reset my BIOS settings and went with minimum changes the used to be my base for trying
  4. Used HDMI and DisplayPort (getting desperate)
I can guarantee it's not BIOS or patch related. The only thing I didn't try was injecting the device ID but 10.14.4 is supposed to take care of that.

This BIOS upgrade has been hell, if you are on BIOS version 2012 stay there and let us know if you are able to install on IGPU only.

If you have a card, it works. I videoed the error because it was too fast but am busy all day tomorrow. If anyone has a solution, let us know please.

@pastrychef Any ideas?

Possible cause of issue but no solution:

Patch was supposed to fix this.

Last edited:
I tore apart my system trying to figure out the IGPU issue:
  1. Removed all patches one by one
  2. Tried an older version of my EFI, definitely not BIOS related
  3. Reset my BIOS settings and went with minimum changes the used to be my base for trying
  4. Used HDMI and DisplayPort (getting desperate)
I can guarantee it's not BIOS or patch related. The only thing I didn't try was injecting the device ID but 10.14.4 is supposed to take care of that.

This BIOS upgrade has been hell, if you are on BIOS version 2012 stay there and let us know if you are able to install on IGPU only.

If you have a card, it works. I videoed the error because it was too fast but am busy all day tomorrow. If anyone has a solution, let us know please.

@pastrychef Any ideas?

On my build, since 10.14.0, I have not had to do anything to enable IGPU. No injections of any sort has been needed. It's just a matter of using the correct system definition. iMac18,1 for IGPU only or iMac18,3 if IGPU is headless.

I have not tested iMac19,x with IGPU only.

Unfortunately, I can almost guarantee it won't work, save yourself some time and frustration, order one from Dell or find a used OEM one from a vendor you trust.
That sounds encouraging :eek:. I'll test the chip as soon as I get it. If it really doesn't work I'll search for one from Dell...

About the installation: Are you talking about the DW1560 installation in the guide on the 1st page? What was missing?
Yeah - as I've never built my own system or taken apart hardware.
I didn't even know where to find the wifi/bt chip...
After I finally figured it out - I wanted to document it and share it here with you and the followers of this thread.
But you already added it yourself with pictures and everything so I didn't have to anymore...

In other words: all good :clap: :thumbup: :cool:

On my build, since 10.14.0, I have not had to do anything to enable IGPU. No injections of any sort has been needed. It's just a matter of using the correct system definition. iMac18,1 for IGPU only or iMac18,3 if IGPU is headless.

I have not tested iMac19,x with IGPU only.

Thats exactly what I thought and what I've been doing. Thank you for confirming, at least I can cross that off my list.

Hi @ModMike,
and thanks a lot for your help and the time you spend everyday to help the community simply building working Hackintoshes.

I've spent last months building a solid hackintosh (iMacPro) with help of KGP's guide :
Gigabyte X299 Designare - i9 7980 XE - AMD Vega FE WC - 128gb RAM - 3x2To Samsung SSD - 2x1To 970 EVO
ASUS XG-C100C - CoolerMaster Titanium 1200W - NZXT Kraken 72 - Phanteks Evolv X - Dual LG 32UD99 + 1 Cintiq Pro 16.
This was working great until I had to swap the AMD card with a nVidia Titan RTX for Octane 3D rendering and motion design. As this build was only compatible with Windows 10, I've planned assembling another hackintosh using my AMD card and some other parts I had. This way I could get a fully working hackintosh dedicated to 2D graphics projects with the comfort of using Mac OS as the only work environment.

The part I chose are pretty the same than yours :
ASUS Z390-i (2012 BIOS) - 64Gb G Skill Tridentz RVB DC - Cooler Master Masterwatt 750W - Intel i9 9900K - Phanteks Evolv Shift X - 1x NZXT Kraken X42

Plus the parts I already had :
1To Samsung 970 NVMe - 1x 2To Crucial SSD MX300 - AMD Vega Frontier Ed. Water Cooling

I've spent a few weeks testing different solutions and I finally found your guide. With your previous Clover builds, my motherboard was rebooting for no reason after some minutes or a few hours. I was unable to use it for work on Mac OS even if everything was working smoothly on Windows side. This week-end, I saw your last comments, I've updated my BIOS, applied your last EFI folder with @pupin's Z-390 patch for dGPU and the latest iMac 19,1 SMBIOS and since that moment : Everything works perfectly. I have no more kernel crashes or freeze.

So, once again, thank you so much for your work and your efforts helping other people building the workstation they need and Apple doesn't build.

Last edited:
@ShaG There may be a mistake in my guide BIOS settings for IGPU users. Before you try the new EFI or rebuild your installer try and set:

Pretty sure that is the issue for IGPU, if not try the EFI attached in post #1159 on page 116.

Hi @ModMike , I disable "IGPU Multi-Monitor" in BIOS, firstly I try the EFI file you updated on 6 APR in post 1, it fails, still go to rebooting cycle; then I change to use EFI you attached in post #1159, nothing change, still rebooting cycle.

Back