Contribute
Register

The desktop hackintosh airport/bluetooth card 100% apple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
marcomk said:
jameelmoses said:
miller hammond said:
I had the sleep problem no mater what I did, as soon as I unplugged the usb plug of the bluetooth it went back to normal. It would do all the things to go into sleep and wake instantly. I ordered another card, different from the one on and here and still no joy.

After checking the console upon wake and seeing it was the bluetooth decided to wire everything through USB plug using a couple of diodes to reduce the voltage down from 5v to 3.3v everything now works great. The only thing I can't test is waking from Bluetooth as I have no mouse or keyboard in a bluetooth variant. Wake does happen instantly and I have been using dark wake in my boot.plist to cure the double click wake issue.

I can only suspect it is some sort of power management issue with my board GA P55 USB3. The USB and the PCI Express must power off at different times, making it think some activity has happened.

With my second card I managed to get one with the plug and cables which eliminated the fiddly soldering.

I don't think it was a power management issue with your motherboard. Those cards are designed for 3.3v and hooking it directly to the USB header on the mobo gives 5v. Running it through a USB hub, using 2 1N4004 diodes, or a 5v to 3.3v regulator should take care of that.

I unplugged bluetooth and I put system to sleep (it works ok without bluetooth). Then I checked with a tester all the 3.3v pins on the motherboard power connector. All of them are off. So there is no 3.3v power on my board during sleep (instead, 5v is present on pin 9).
Therefore: sleep doesn't work because the bluetooth module is not powered during sleep. If I had an airport card in my MiniPci to Pci adapter, it would probably be powered to allow wake on lan. So the solution are:

1) Adding the airport card as described in the original post.
2) Drawing the 3.3v from the USB hub with diodes or voltage regulator.

Do you think it's correct?

I don't think adding the airport card will make any difference, it didn't for me, I would try the USB power route and see what happens, the cost is minimal and then you will know. Mine is working fine and the bluetooth seems to reconnect almost straight away from wake.

miller hammond said:
I don't think adding the airport card will make any difference, it didn't for me, I would try the USB power route and see what happens, the cost is minimal and then you will know. Mine is working fine and the bluetooth seems to reconnect almost straight away from wake.

Ok, thanks a lot. I bought a 3.3v regulator to get power from USB and a new bluetooth board, I'll do some new experiments as soon as I get them. I just wonder how the method described in this thread can work for some people and not for others.

Just wanted to say 'thanks' to the original poster and all other contributors! I bought the A1114 bluetooth module, the voltage converter module, a mini pci-e to pci-e adapter card and already had a spare USB header cable which is plugged into a USB motherboard header and all is working great!! I did not need the airport card as I'm connected via ethernet and only used the pci-e adapter card for the antenna. I inverted the board as well so its not actually plugged in to the pci-e slot. Also, I'm running on Mac OS X 10.7.3.

Great site! Thanks tonymacx86!!

Attachments

• Apple Bluetooth.jpg
    Apple Bluetooth.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 1,325
Hi,
i confirm , sorry to not having keeping you in touch:
using the 3.3v pci-e slot current breaking the sleep mode.
if you want to have your sleep mode, you need to use the usb header used for connecting bluetooth module 5v current and regulat it to 3.3v.

you can buy a 5.5v to 3.3v regulator or you can make it yourself (less space used) like that

Attachments

• MODULE3.3V.jpg
    MODULE3.3V.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,679
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,511
Finally I did it :D thank you guys, you're amazing :headbang:

BUT ... Although I attached the BT module to the third antenna, the BT signal strength is poor (around -86) and the Magic mouse is laggy!

At first I thought that I got a faulty BT module, but after several trials, I found that I have to but the mouse close to the antenna (not more than 50-60cm to get between -6x to -7x signal strength! I ended to but the antenna in a custom made housing to but it on the desktop in order to keep it as much close as possible to the mouse. I tried to use another antenna from old working router, same result!

It's just OK, but I just wonder if anyone else had similar situation, and how he solved it :?: I want my desk clean :cry:

Here is my creature :)
IMG_1615.JPG

ric0h said:
I have the same setup on my Hackintosh with Apple-branded Atheros 9280 (AR5BXB92) and A1114 bluetooth boards. I have tapped the 3.3v for bluetooth from the pci-e 3.3v line. Whenever I put the computer to sleep, it wakes up immediately, with EHC1 (Network) listed as the reason in the logs. I'm running F12 bios and latest DSDT from the db on Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev 1.3 / Lion 10.7.4.

You need to get 3.3v from the motherboard usb header instead of the pci-e card. Look at "boumbo" reply, 3posts above.

grafixidea said:
Finally I did it :D thank you guys, you're amazing :headbang:

BUT ... Although I attached the BT module to the third antenna, the BT signal strength is poor (around -86) and the Magic mouse is laggy!

At first I thought that I got a faulty BT module, but after several trials, I found that I have to but the mouse close to the antenna (not more than 50-60cm to get between -6x to -7x signal strength! I ended to but the antenna in a custom made housing to but it on the desktop in order to keep it as much close as possible to the mouse. I tried to use another antenna from old working router, same result!

It's just OK, but I just wonder if anyone else had similar situation, and how he solved it :?: I want my desk clean :cry:

Here is my creature :)

I find with the third antenna option on a pci express card to be ok in most cases, but when I have a lot internet usage via the wi fi, my trackpad can go a bit laggy. Putting the antenna in different direction did help a bit also.

With your Motherboard do you find if you wake with the magic mouse, the magic mouse connects ok, I have a trackpad and if I wake with it, it disconnects, but if a I wake with keyboard or power button everything is fine.

every time you wake up from sleep I have to wait about 5 seconds to connect a mouse,when I measure the voltage in sleep adapter card is not available,only waking voltage 3.3v,someone like me?

stoffergoffer said:
im trying to do this, but i cant figure out where the 3.3v output on my adapter is. Anybody who would like to help me, please?

Link to pictures of my adapter: https://www.icloud.com/photostream/...35A3B0A23355;v1CAEQARoQgv4AqFXvBXR7jTX6Hkm1TA

Pins A9 and A10 on right hand side the PCI-e card as shown on your second pic are usually 3.3v - what's interesting about your card is they don't seem to be bridged - those pins are normally bridged. Does the Wi-Fi card work ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back