Contribute
Register

The desktop hackintosh airport/bluetooth card 100% apple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stussmachine said:
What are the Multibeast settings for these cards?
None. That's the whole point

I dont have a USB header handy, Is there any other way to do it? For the bluetooth? I do have a spare case I can chop the USB header off of that I dont need but Id rather not. Any other way o connect it to my board?

Has someone created a step-by-step with pictures tutorial of this?

Some of us may be technically inclined, but I have no idea what I'm doing when I leave the keyboard and mouse. I can install a PCI card, etc., but start talking about soldering and I'm lost.

I really want to get rid of another USB dongle now that I have vanilla Wi-Fi.

Thanks.

If I decide this would be a worth-while mod to put in my Powerhack then I'll post a step by step guide for you.

It may take awhile as most of my funds are tied up with bills and other parts.
Unless someone wants to sponsor it. ;)

Anyways, did you just want the bluetooth or both the bluetooth and the airport?

Jerime said:

I'm strapped for cash too. Trying to pay for a wedding! But I have the Bluetooth module and the Airport card is already complete. I'm just waiting hopefully for a more detailed tutorial.

So basically, I'm looking for both, but I already have the Airport done. It would certainly be useful for others in its complete form.

I do want to stress the importance of getting an Apple branded Broadcom chip, otherwise it will show up as third-party and it won't work with iCloud or App Store without rebranding. I've scoured the web and looks like you have to use Ununtu for rebranding.

jameelmoses said:
Jerime said:

I'm strapped for cash too. Trying to pay for a wedding! But I have the Bluetooth module and the Airport card is already complete. I'm just waiting hopefully for a more detailed tutorial.

So basically, I'm looking for both, but I already have the Airport done. It would certainly be useful for others in its complete form.

I do want to stress the importance of getting an Apple branded Broadcom chip, otherwise it will show up as third-party and it won't work with iCloud or App Store without rebranding. I've scoured the web and looks like you have to use Ununtu for rebranding.
I have no problems getting them.. tomorrow. ;)

Anyways, I might as well do both then.
Once the parts get here, I'll start documenting and writing up the guide.
Hope I can be detailed enough.

Jerime said:
jameelmoses said:
Jerime said:

I have no problems getting them.. tomorrow. ;)

Anyways, I might as well do both then.
Once the parts get here, I'll start documenting and writing up the guide.
Hope I can be detailed enough.

Looking forward to it! Best of luck... :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back