Contribute
Register

The desktop hackintosh airport/bluetooth card 100% apple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anybody have sleep issues with this solution?

I followed the guide (only the bluetooth part, I don't need Wifi), bought this module:
http://www.ebay.it/itm/150660680184...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2277wt_1180
and this adapter:
http://www.ebay.it/itm/170563672017?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Soldering was a bit complicated but Bluetooth works fine. The problem is that it broke my sleep. When I try to put the system to sleep, it wakes up immediately.

Any ideas? Can it depend from some faulty soldering? Thanks.

miller hammond said:
I have done this mod and it works great, Wifi and Bluetooth work fully.

The only problem I am having now is Sleep has stopped working. I suspect it is Bluetooth related but not sure what.

I am using Lion 10.7.2, everything has been rock solid, Has anyone any ideas?

Do you still have a sleep issue? How does your system behave? Does it wake up instantly after sleep?

marcomk said:
miller hammond said:
I have done this mod and it works great, Wifi and Bluetooth work fully.

The only problem I am having now is Sleep has stopped working. I suspect it is Bluetooth related but not sure what.

Do you still have a sleep issue? How does your system behave? Does it wake up instantly after sleep?

I had the sleep problem no mater what I did, as soon as I unplugged the usb plug of the bluetooth it went back to normal. It would do all the things to go into sleep and wake instantly. I ordered another card, different from the one on and here and still no joy.

After checking the console upon wake and seeing it was the bluetooth decided to wire everything through USB plug using a couple of diodes to reduce the voltage down from 5v to 3.3v everything now works great. The only thing I can't test is waking from Bluetooth as I have no mouse or keyboard in a bluetooth variant. Wake does happen instantly and I have been using dark wake in my boot.plist to cure the double click wake issue.

I can only suspect it is some sort of power management issue with my board GA P55 USB3. The USB and the PCI Express must power off at different times, making it think some activity has happened.

With my second card I managed to get one with the plug and cables which eliminated the fiddly soldering.

miller hammond said:
marcomk said:
[quote="miller hammond":3j8avzns]I have done this mod and it works great, Wifi and Bluetooth work fully.

I had the sleep problem no mater what I did, as soon as I unplugged the usb plug of the bluetooth it went back to normal. It would do all the things to go into sleep and wake instantly. I ordered another card, different from the one on and here and still no joy.

After checking the console upon wake and seeing it was the bluetooth decided to wire everything through USB plug using a couple of diodes to reduce the voltage down from 5v to 3.3v everything now works great. The only thing I can't test is waking from Bluetooth as I have no mouse or keyboard in a bluetooth variant. Wake does happen instantly and I have been using dark wake in my boot.plist to cure the double click wake issue.

I can only suspect it is some sort of power management issue with my board GA P55 USB3. The USB and the PCI Express must power off at different times, making it think some activity has happened.

With my second card I managed to get one with the plug and cables which eliminated the fiddly soldering.[/quote:3j8avzns]

I don't think it was a power management issue with your motherboard. Those cards are designed for 3.3v and hooking it directly to the USB header on the mobo gives 5v. Running it through a USB hub, using 2 1N4004 diodes, or a 5v to 3.3v regulator should take care of that.

jameelmoses said:
miller hammond said:

With my second card I managed to get one with the plug and cables which eliminated the fiddly soldering.

I don't think it was a power management issue with your motherboard. Those cards are designed for 3.3v and hooking it directly to the USB header on the mobo gives 5v. Running it through a USB hub, using 2 1N4004 diodes, or a 5v to 3.3v regulator should take care of that.

I unplugged bluetooth and I put system to sleep (it works ok without bluetooth). Then I checked with a tester all the 3.3v pins on the motherboard power connector. All of them are off. So there is no 3.3v power on my board during sleep (instead, 5v is present on pin 9).
Therefore: sleep doesn't work because the bluetooth module is not powered during sleep. If I had an airport card in my MiniPci to Pci adapter, it would probably be powered to allow wake on lan. So the solution are:

1) Adding the airport card as described in the original post.
2) Drawing the 3.3v from the USB hub with diodes or voltage regulator.

Do you think it's correct?

Great topic :D

I have a question, does it matter if I bought the BCM94322MC or BCM94321MC

Because there's significant price difference.

22MC supports airdrop and the 21MC does not

If I used a 5V to 3.3V regulator to get the power & ground from the mobo directly like this ...

0533.JPG

should it work instead of soldering the power and ground cables in the card and without the 10-15 seconds delay?

I think it should, but need a confirmation from gurus :geek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back