Contribute
Register

The desktop hackintosh airport/bluetooth card 100% apple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
weisjt said:
i just did this mod to my airport/pcie card, i found it extremely hard to solder the wires to the three pins on the bluetooth module. keeping the solder from merging two pins is near impossible with how small the module is, anyone else have these problems? I'm a solder newb so it was bound to be pretty difficult

Put your soldering iron tip on the end of the pin you want to solder to and heat it up once that pin is hot tin the pin first (applying to solder to the hot pin directly). Then let that cool for a few seconds. Now do the same thing so the wire your soldering to it. Then once they are both tinned set the wire on top of the pin and quickly press the soldering iron to the wire and let cool. That's a way to make sure solder doesn't bridge.

hmmm is there a guide for this? interested to modify my wifi on my Zotac ITX :)

I want to ask if I got mini PCIe onboard, with APPLE WiFi modules plug in.
Can I use the same mod ( to find out which pin supply 3.3V and connect to BT module ) to make the WiFi and BT work together ?

weisjt said:
i just did this mod to my airport/pcie card, i found it extremely hard to solder the wires to the three pins on the bluetooth module. keeping the solder from merging two pins is near impossible with how small the module is, anyone else have these problems? I'm a solder newb so it was bound to be pretty difficult

Hi, I purchased MacBook Bluetooth module with cable (eBay $10), so I did all the soldering in cables (power 3,3v from adapter card and ground from USB) – works perfect. If you have problems with soldering use this - http://www.ebay.es/itm/Wire-Glue-UK-Sel ... 957wt_1396
Just want to know how make it work in Windows 7? Anyone can help me? I tried bunch of Bluetooth drivers, but no exit.

i made the mod just like the from page, when i plug it in and turn on computer nothing happens. do i need to maybe do any further configuring in bios? does it matter what usb i plug the d+ and d- into? thanks for the help

does anyone know where i can get a 5v to 3.3v converter? i looked and couldn't find them anywhere. thanks

So there are two places to ground the module, the corner and off the header. Does it matter which one you chose or will either do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back