Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I don't use OpenCore configurator because vit9696 / Acidanthera says it's not a good idea. I respect their views on this. If you want to use it and follow Casey's directions I have no problem with that. It is just as easy to use OC Gen X to create a new EFI folder and then copy over config.plist info to the newer OC 0.6.5 config.plist. That's a perfectly valid approach. I'm still using OC 0.6.3 with 11.1 and it works fine. It's not mandatory to always be using the latest OpenCore version although it's not a bad idea.

thanks for your reply!

The reason why I’m asking is because the chance of making a mistake during updating OC is far less when following this approach.

Casey’s approach would need 1 EFI expert (such as yourself) to update the website providing everyone else the updated config file you can find on that website his tutorial is mentioning.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
thanks for your reply!

The reason why I’m asking is because the chance of making a mistake during updating OC is far less when following this approach.

Casey’s approach would need 1 EFI expert (such as yourself) to update the website providing everyone else the updated config file you can find on that website his tutorial is mentioning.
updating OpenCore is quite simple, it is just the case of copying over the new files, and then comparing your config.plist with the sample.plist and making any adjustments as needed

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
updating OpenCore is quite simple, it is just the case of copying over the new files, and then comparing your config.plist with the sample.plist and making any adjustments as needed
If you make a simple backup copy of your EFI folder before making any changes, it's very easy to go back to the original config.plist and try again if you don't get it right. Making mistakes is never a problem because you always get to try again if you don't get it right.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If you make a simple backup copy of your EFI folder before making any changes, it's very easy to go back to the original config.plist and try again if you don't get it right. Making mistakes is never a problem because you always get to try again if you don't get it right.
also testing new versions on a usb stick for extra safety :)

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
I7-9700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
also testing new versions on a usb stick for extra safety :)
@Feartech , @trs96 - good stuff - very helpful. For Clover testing, it was easy to keep multiple config.plists in the CLOVER directory and CLOVER bootloader permitted manual plist selection prior to boot. Do you know if OC offers the same "manual plist selection."

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Do you know if OC offers the same "manual plist selection."
I've read all of the OC documentation and there is no mention of that. Nothing in the Dortania guide on Github either.

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
I7-9700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've read all of the OC documentation and there is no mention of that. Nothing in the Dortania guide on Github either.
Thanks for the quick reply! I posted my question in the other forum's "OpenCore Discussion" and the answer was 'no.' I also found a github issue where the request for such capability was rejected by Acidanthera. I currently do my OC tests with the modified config.plist/EFI on a USB and retain my stable, working baseline on my SSD. That works - was just wondering. Thanks again.

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 9020
CPU
i5-4590
Graphics
HD 4600
new issues in Apple Music
In Apple Music video audio is playing but no video why.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 9.11.23 AM.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 9.11.23 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 16

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
new issues in Apple Music
In Apple Music video audio is playing but no video why.
When using only Intel HD4600 graphics this is to be expected. The video is DRM protected content. AFAIK you'd need a supported AMD graphics card to get those videos to play.

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 9020
CPU
i5-4590
Graphics
HD 4600
When using only Intel HD4600 graphics this is to be expected. The video is DRM protected content. AFAIK you'd need a supported AMD graphics card to get those videos to play.
is there any way to fix it in Intel hd4600.
But it is working in android.

Last edited: