Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: Skylake Platform in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any information on how to disable IOAPIC 24-119 entries on the Gigabyte GA H170N-Wifi bios.
Thanks

Does anyone have any information on how to disable IOAPIC 24-119 entries on the Gigabyte GA H170N-Wifi bios.
Thanks

Not on your board specifically, but you can probably use amibcp 5.1 to edit the bios to change the default value. That's what did it for me.

Remember, of course, that there is some inherent risk in modifying your computer's bios.

Not on your board specifically, but you can probably use amibcp 5.1 to edit the bios to change the default value. That's what did it for me.

Remember, of course, that there is some inherent risk in modifying your computer's bios.

Altering your own BIOS is not recommended. Gigabyte is aware of the issue, and should be issuing an official BIOS update to add disable functionality for that setting.

Advanced > PCH Configuration > IOAPIC 24-119 entries

This option has been removed from bios after updating it !

has anyone faced this issue? should I downgrade ?

I'm using z170 A from Asus .

Altering your own BIOS is not recommended. Gigabyte is aware of the issue, and will be issuing an official BIOS update to add disable functionality for that setting.

Hey Tony, thanks for all the work you've been doing to get full Skylake compatibility! Did you hear that directly from Gigabyte or is that a probable rumor?

Hey Tony, thanks for all the work you've been doing to get full Skylake compatibility! Did you hear that directly from Gigabyte or is that a probable rumor?

It's a good bet that adding the optional toggle is also for better Linux/Windows compatibility. ;)

Just wanted to log in to say thanks for all the hard work you're doing Tony! Really looking forward to building a new Skylake hackintosh in (hopefuly) early 2016! :D

Thanks

I have an ASRock Z170 board that does not have the needed BIOS settings either. We will need to wait for a Clover update with the fix. I can only assume if you do have the BIOS setting available to change you are very lucky. This is one of the small benefits of getting a high-end board that has all these crazy BIOS settings that you would usually never need to change.

Okay I was able to modify my bios which was easier than I thought it would be.Please note you can only flash the saved bios by using Efiflash 0.44 on a thumb drive .
This is how I did it for my Gigabyte H170N-wifi mini itx. Thanks to VonMolk on insanely mac.

1 Opened AMIBCP 5.01 and opened up the BIOS File
2 Clicked the + sign next to the folder on left side, then the + sign next to the folder named setup, and scrolled down until I saw Chipset
3 Clicked on Chipset folder and set the ACCESS/USE column for IOAPIC to User
4 Saved BIOS
5 Created FreeDOS boot usb with Rufus
6 Copied Efiflash and mod bios to the thumb drive
7 Booted from thumb drive and ran Efiflash <biosname>
8 Went into BIOS setting ,Chipset and disabled the IOAPIC value

Problems I have are :-
No ethernet
No wifi (need to change my card)
No Nvidia Driver so running on Osx Drivers
No cpu temperature,clock readings which is understandable

OK Piker Alpha came up with a kext find/replace solution to the BIOS issue. No BIOS patch will be necessary with this fix.

For this I patched:
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAPIC.kext/Contents/AppleAPIC
Search for..: C1 E8 10 0F B6 F0
And replace it with: BE 11 00 00 00 90
Regards,
Pike

This equals this in Clover:

Code:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Skylake AppleAPIC Patch</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
wegQD7bw
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleAPIC</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
vhEAAACQ
</data>
</dict>

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...7-6700-gigabyte-z170-hd3/page-10#entry2185480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back