Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: Skylake Platform in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update 1:

Piker Alpha has identified a setting in some BIOSes that solves many of the issues on Skylake. We're testing but this is the setting to disable on ASUS motherboards:

Advanced > PCH Configuration > IOAPIC 24-119 entries

This allows USB and internal SATA to be used, graphics with other settings, wifi, ethernet, etc... We're hoping for a bootloader fix soon.

Update 2:

Realtek onboard audio device has been changed in ACPI to 'HDAS'. In order to use established solutions such as toleda's CloverALC, you must change HDAS to HDEF in plist under /DSDT/Patches/ as follows:

Code:
<key>Patches</key>            
<array>
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>Rename HDAS to HDEF</string>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    SERBUw==
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    SERFRg==
                    </data>
                </dict>
</array>

Update 3:

OK we now have a best-case solution to most Skylake issues. Piker Alpha has come up with a kext based solution for the BIOS setting. This solves most of the issues on Skylake including USB, internal SATA, graphics with other settings, wifi, ethernet, etc...

For Clover the solution is adding the following to KernelAndKextPatches/KextToPatch:

Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>        
<array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Skylake AppleAPIC Patch</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                wegQD7bw
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleAPIC</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                vhEAAACQ
                </data>
</dict>
</array>

Added to top post. :mrgreen::thumbup:

I am having issues with my gtx970.I can't boot unless I have nv_disable=1.It says I am using the nvidia web driver under setting but feels like the osx default driver Very laggy .
Also My ram reading is 8gb 3200mhz ddr4 when in fact I have 16gb 2100mhz ddr4

Here are some screenshots from the Gigabyte Z170X-UD5-TH + Core i5-6600K with Intel HD 530 graphics enabled. Have extreme artifacting/glitches so far.

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 11.32.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 11.32.57 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-05 at 11.32.47 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-05 at 11.32.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-04 at 8.24.47 PM.png

Curious to know if all other ports are working? Are the Thunderbolt 3.0 ports working at all? I have the same board, will be attempting this weekend.

Are the graphics artifacts present on standalone GPU?

I have added successfully these patches to my ASRock Z170 board after making a boot disk with Unibeast 6.1 and Clover 3320.

However with verbose flagged, clover only shows "+++++++++++++++++++" when selecting a 10.11.1 OS partition. Have tried a USB 10.11.1 installer partition, and SATA partition.

In other previous install disk attempts I was at least past clover and hung on the USBLegacyMatching.

Ideas? Thanks!

I have added successfully these patches to my ASRock Z170 board after making a boot disk with Unibeast 6.1 and Clover 3320.

However with verbose flagged, clover only shows "+++++++++++++++++++" when selecting a 10.11.1 OS partition. Have tried a USB 10.11.1 installer partition, and SATA partition.

In other previous install disk attempts I was at least past clover and hung on the USBLegacyMatching.

Ideas? Thanks!

Same situation here. I have an ASRock Z170 Pro4 w/ an i7-6700K and the boot hangs with a row of pluses in verbose mode.
Do you have just integrated graphics or Nvidia/ATI? Cause i didn't have time to try without the NVidia GPU, but i think that it might cause the problem.

Same situation here. I have an ASRock Z170 Pro4 w/ an i7-6700K and the boot hangs with a row of pluses in verbose mode.
Do you have just integrated graphics or Nvidia/ATI? Cause i didn't have time to try without the NVidia GPU, but i think that it might cause the problem.

Please recreate your USB using UniBeast 6.0.1- 6.1 had bugs and was pulled. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please recreate your USB using UniBeast 6.0.1- 6.1 had bugs and was pulled. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Should've said that earlier xD It took me about an hour to create the USB ... Welp! Here we go again!

Thank you for the information and all that you do!

I recreated a 10.11.1 Unibeast 6.0.1 boot disk and continued to install the latest version of EFI Clover 3320 on top of it.

Unfortunately I am still stuck at the AppleUSBLegacyRoot enabling legacy matching even with the plist patches.

Attached is my config.plist with the two patches added for ACPI and HDEF audio, as well as my DSDT - let me know if it's done right... or what else I could do.

ASRock Z170M-ITX/ac here.

Thanks!

- Marcus

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 249
  • DSDT.aml
    131.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_9076.jpg
    IMG_9076.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 237
Thank you for the information and all that you do!

I recreated a 10.11.1 Unibeast 6.0.1 boot disk and continued to install the latest version of EFI Clover 3320 on top of it.

Unfortunately I am still stuck at the AppleUSBLegacyRoot enabling legacy matching even with the plist patches.

Attached is my config.plist with the two patches added for ACPI and HDEF audio, as well as my DSDT - let me know if it's done right... or what else I could do.

ASRock Z170M-ITX/ac here.

Thanks!

- Marcus
Same here ...
Edit: I've fixed that by changing FixOwnership in Clover's config.plist to true. Now it says "waiting for root device"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back