i3-4130
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So i had almost perfectly working (minor QE/CI glitches) hackintosh system for 2 months with

GA-H87M-D3H and I3-4130 HD4400 based config running 10.9.5

Then i recently bought MSI Geforce GT 740 2GB DDR5 Graphics Card to boost my system graphic performance.

I had some strange observations with Geekbench 3.2.0 (32 Bit)

Test 1.
With only Integrated Graphics 4400 The GB score = 6590
http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/851762

Test 2.
Gt 740 card installed and HDMI cable connected to it
HD4400 kept enabled In bios, IGPEnabler=Yes, GraphicsEnabler=No
SysProfiler shows 2 cards (Nvidia 2GB + HD Graphics 1.5GB)
The GB Score = 6484
http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/852111

Test 3.
Gt 740 card installed and HDMI cable connected to it
HD4400 Disabled In bios, IGPEnabler=Yes, GraphicsEnabler=No
SysProfiler shows only 1 cards (Nvidia 2GB)
The GB Score = 6555
http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/851877

So i see that Gb performance scores are almost similar in all 3 cases,
Adding a huge 2GB graphics card does not boost the GB scores,
although now the QE/ CI Graphics works flawlessly

Am i doing something wrong here?
Also would like to know what is the ideal way of running the system with graphics card
out of the 3 test scenarios.

Please guide.

In this Case – drop the GRaphic Card and spare money on a nice dinner :headbang:

Geekbench ONLY tests CPU and memory.

So you can drop SLI Nvidia 980s in there... and it's not going to register anything major.

But that doesn't mean your graphics performance won't have increased dramatically. Try Cinema 4D R15, or any other GPU-specific tests if you want to test GPU performance.

Better yet, do something graphically-intensive that you normally do-- after all, you bought the new GPU for a reason, I suppose-- like gaming or video work that's GPU-accelerated. You'll notice.

Geekbench ONLY tests CPU and memory.

So you can drop SLI Nvidia 980s in there... and it's not going to register anything major.

But that doesn't mean your graphics performance won't have increased dramatically. Try Cinema 4D R15, or any other GPU-specific tests if you want to test GPU performance.

Better yet, do something graphically-intensive that you normally do-- after all, you bought the new GPU for a reason, I suppose-- like gaming or video work that's GPU-accelerated. You'll notice.

Thanks justr for a valid response.

I do see a significant improvement in the graphics processing.
I was just curious about why geekbench is not upping the scores.
So to conclude geekbench does not consider discrete graphics in the score and also found that
adding a SSD also does not increase the score any way.

GB is only CPU + RAM Score

Yup.

It's kinda like buying a bigger monitor and noticing that Speedtest.net scores don't change as a result. Speedtest.net measures your Internet connection, and has nothing to do with your monitor's size (or any other qualities). GB measures your CPU and memory speeds, and has nothing to do with your GPU, monitor's size, Internet speed, or the color of your underwear!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back