Contribute
Register

Test Drive: How to Create a Clover USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, that worked perfectly! I had tried that twice on my 4 days of trying, kept giving me errors. This time I tried it and it worked. Thank you!
Now to fix iMessage!

Well, for EFI partition, I found somewhat different approach.

In terminal type

defaults write com.apple.DiskUtility DUDebugMenuEnabled 1

Then in disk utility you will have debug option, and you just need to click under debug menu (show all partitions).

Every next time I need EFI partition, I just go to disk utility, choose EFI partition and click mount.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, that worked perfectly! I had tried that twice on my 4 days of trying, kept giving me errors. This time I tried it and it worked. Thank you!
Now to fix iMessage!

This works like a charm. I never tried to activate imessages before, but i found this tutorial and everything is perfect.

http://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2wohwn/getting_imessage_working_on_10102_generating/

Thank you for all your help. Unfortunately I have spent the last 3 days reinstalling (and learning) my main drive, since I some how) damaged my fusion drive partitions (somehow....). I have got almost all of my system working, except:
My system does not recognize the internal ATA DVD drive (spent awhile trying different approaches) - is there an easy way?
Check if Speedstep is enabled? CPU is showing as 2.67Mhz instead of 2.80Mhz as in my Chimera build.
Still learning, but best settings for config for my board? Have read, and researched.... Is recognized as a MacPro5,1 as before.
When I install kexts, best spot to put them is in Clover kexts, or in S/L/E?
If I wanted to transfer all my old data (backed up) is Migration Assistant okay to use? And will I have to reinstall some programs after (I have a lot of applications).

Thank you very much!

And for the EFI partition, I found a program called Mt. EFI. Which does the copying and all much easier than using the terminal! Made my "New" install bootable on the first try.

Did Migration Assistant. Had to run for around 8 hours. That fixed the not recognizing the ATA dvdrom drive (or just another restart did?). All programs seem to work, have not run into any programs refusing to work yet. Will do the how to fix imessage and see if everything else works. Thank you for your help!

Sorry, I’ll re-write this a little clearer:

Thanks for writing out the instructions, a great help. I’ve been running on Multibeast for a number of years and to be honest I’ve got used to the normal ‘additional’ work required during OSX updates such as Video, Audio etc. One thing that has been missing is iMessage and while I’ve trawled through the “How do I fix iMessage” hundreds of times I still can’t get it working. The default answer always appears to be “use Clover”.
Having a healthy system with lots of installed software raises a few concerns over just jumping in. I’m not really in a position to just test it. However, the idea of testing it by using a USB stick got my interest.

So I followed the instructions in the thread and to be honest it was straight forward. I had a bit of fun with the disks as I have about 7 installed with Windows on one but never the less, its running. NVidia web drivers installed and looks great. If anything I would say it’s more responsive and boots faster.

So it’s up and running, lets check iMessage. Still not working so I took the following steps.

1. Go to /Extra and rename the FileNVRAM so they aren’t picked up
2. Ran Clover Configurator and looked at SMBIOS. It didn’t have any settings so used the Wizard with a few shakes and set it to 14,2 (best match for my hardware).
3. Checked the Serial Number with Apple, no record so continued.
4. Ran uuidgen and pasted that into SmUUID
5. Copied the Serial Number to Board Serial Number and added AB123 i.e. the additional 5 characters to bring it up to 17.
6. Copied Board Serial Number to Rt Variables and pasted into MLB.
7. Put my MAC address (- :’s) in the ROM and hit calculate
8. It fills in all the fields except MLB
9. Reboot and check iMessage_debug. The MLB reports as (null) and the ROM reports something different.
10. I check the config.plist in /EFI/EFI/CLOVER and it has the correct values in there i.e. the MAC address and the SerialNum+AB123

I’ve played around a few times pasting different details into Rt Variables but nothing sticks after a reboot (except on one occasion when iMessage reported an MLB but it had an “=” at the end and didn’t work.

· Have I made a mistake in the process outlined above?
· Is this something that is caused by using the USB stick then pointing to my existing SSD 10.10.5 installation?
· Do I really need to start from scratch with Clover and reinstall all the software again?

Any help would be gratefully received

(Details)
SSD has 10.10.5 installed
Used Clover_v2_3k_r3259

Probably because this has been answered 1000's of times: "Do I really need to start from scratch with Clover and reinstall all the software again?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back