Contribute
Register

Teclast X5 Pro(Chinese-brand tablet) Core M3-7Y30 HD615 10.12.3 working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And your DSDT is reporting in watts. macOS/OS X requires amps. ACPIBatteryManager.kext cannot convert from watts to amps without correct voltage information.[/QUOTE]
Excuse me but how can i fix this problem ?

And your DSDT is reporting in watts. macOS/OS X requires amps. ACPIBatteryManager.kext cannot convert from watts to amps without correct voltage information.
Excuse me but how can i fix this problem ?

You need to fix your _BIF method so it reports correct design voltage.
In a pinch, you could probably use B1FV (which is currently used by _BST for "battery present voltage").
Read the ACPI spec for more information on _BIF/_BST.

Last edited:
You need to fix your _BIF method so it reports correct design voltage.
In a pinch, you could probably use B1FV (which is currently used by _BST for "battery present voltage").
Read the ACPI spec for more information on _BIF/_BST.
all day i'm trying to do it , but my experience is very little and i don't found any guid here how to do it , can you make it for me please ? and sorry for my ignorance :( ... i'm trying to learn

all day i'm trying to do it , but my experience is very little and i don't found any guid here how to do it , can you make it for me please ? and sorry for my ignorance :( ... i'm trying to learn

Did you read the ACPI spec yet?

Did you read the ACPI spec yet?
today I have read it , and I managed to fix a problem about power source, so now I can show if power adapter connected or just battery, but unfortunately I'm still unable to fix DesignVoltage = -1 so percentage is still always show 0%.
I attached my new patch, native disassembled dsdt and console .

Attachments

• battery teclast.zip
    68.4 KB · Views: 230
today I have read it , and I managed to fix a problem about power source, so now I can show if power adapter connected or just battery, but unfortunately I'm still unable to fix DesignVoltage = -1 so percentage is still always show 0%.
I attached my new patch, native disassembled dsdt and console .

What does the ACPI spec tell you about where "design voltage" is returned in the package result from _BIF?
And... once you answer that...
Do you see in your _BIF code where that value is set?

What does the ACPI spec tell you about where "design voltage" is returned in the package result from _BIF?
And... once you answer that...
Do you see in your _BIF code where that value is set?
today I spent 6 hours reading , but I'm pharmacist and I never learned before something about computer and code...
I understand some things but it's REALLY hard for me to understanding all informations :(
anyway I changed the value in _BIF from Zero to 0x1DB0 ( battery is 7.6V / 5000 mAh) in the forth line , and I get working the percentage, I checked DesignVoltage in console and I found it = 7600
I don't know if this is the true thing I have to do or what !!
p.s in the console I get 2 errors I coloured them in red

Attachments

• new battery.zip
    37.4 KB · Views: 202
today I spent 6 hours reading , but I'm pharmacist and I never learned before something about computer and code...
I understand some things but it's REALLY hard for me to understanding all informations :(
anyway I changed the value in _BIF from Zero to 0x1DB0 ( battery is 7.6V / 5000 mAh) in the forth line , and I get working the percentage, I checked DesignVoltage in console and I found it = 7600
I don't know if this is the true thing I have to do or what !!
p.s in the console I get 2 errors I coloured them in red

These...
Code:
default 21:32:04.180237 +0200 kernel ACPIBatteryManager: getBatteryBIF called
default 21:32:04.180249 +0200 kernel ACPIBatteryManager: validateObject return 0xe00002bc
default 21:32:04.180258 +0200 kernel ACPIBatteryManager: evaluateObject error 0xe00002bc
default 21:32:04.180263 +0200 kernel ACPIBatteryManager: getBatteryBST called
default 21:32:04.180272 +0200 kernel ACPIBatteryManager: evaluateObject error 0xe00002bc
default 21:32:04.180278 +0200 kernel ACPIBatteryManager: fRealAC=-1, fACConnected=0

... mean the _BIF and _BST methods are failing (aborting). Most likely due to incorrect/incomplete patching.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

ok these are the files , thank you :)

Attachments

• battery24may.zip
    3 MB · Views: 260
ok these are the files , thank you :)

The files in ACPI/origin are 4 days old. Too old for comparison.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Make sure you press F4 in Clover (as clearly requested) before collecting EFI/Clover.
And you forgot ioreg.

As far as diagnosing the errors, you should instrument your _BST/_BIF methods in BAT0 (using ACPIDebug) if you think they are failing. They are very simple methods, so I don't see why they should be failing.

I think your patch for BAT1._STA is wrong. (you should not force it to return 0x1F... as there is probably no battery there). The errors are probably coming from BAT1, not BAT0. Because if you look carefully, it has no _BIF/_BST methods...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back