Nvidia GTX 460 Fermi
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all!
So I had had (keyword: had. sniff) a fairly stable 10.8.5 build, but as I was trying to resolve an issue with Messages not letting me sign in with my apple account, I seem to have killed it.
One of the recommended ways of resolving the issue was to boot into a different startup disk and sign in to Messages there, and then go back to your original drive and it should work. So I booted to my UniBeast USB drive on my hackintosh and installed OSX on an extra SSD I had plugged in via USB, and everything seemed to go well, but upon restarting I couldn't get it to boot. It would hang at various places, then for some reason I couldn't boot onto my original SSD. It kept crashing at the linx2mac ethernet line, so I took it out of my hack and plugged it into my MBP via a hard drive adapter, and ran Multibeast 5.5.1 to reinstall the ethernet driver, and pointed it at my SSD plugged in via USB. Now I can't boot to that drive at all, and when I booted to my backup drive (which is a clone I've been updating every couple days) It was unable to mount the SSD, so I ran fsck on it in the terminal, and it keeps returning the error "Incorrect number of threads records."
Did running Multibeast from a different hard drive kill it?

Well I'm still not sure exactly what was the cause, but I got my mac running again by restoring from my cloned drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back