1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone! I have just got a problem with my Hackintosh that I have had almost a year! Everything was perfect until now. When I updated to 10.7.4 my sleep stopped working, so I installed SleepEnabler kext (really stupid) and now my system wont boot. We all can clearly figur out whats causing the system form not booting. Now, I tried every type of booting option I can think of, but i can get the that kext file deleted. I really need help!

Specs:

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | F8
i7 2600k | Not overclocked
Gigabyte Readon 6870
Lion 10.7.4

Don't suppose you have a backup using time machine, if you do you could always just re-load the installer and use the backup feature, I've been doing this since I installed hackintosh on my desktop yesterday so when I make mistakes I don't need to start from scratch.

Think you can also do it via the installer from Terminal, if you know where the file's saved you can just delete it from there.

Try this, found it by finding someone with same problem.
rm -rf /volumes/nameofosxpartition/system/library/extensions/sleepenabler.kext

rm -rf /volumes/nameofosxpartition/system/library/caches/com.apple.kext.caches/startup/Extensions.mkext

Thanks for responding! But to "re-load the installer and use the backup feature" how do you do that?

Depends on how you installed it, if you used UniBeast then you should be able to just boot the installer from that or if you installed it via another USB/Disc method. Once you're at the installer just go to Utilities and there should be a backup/time machine option. Also you can access terminal from there as well instead of backing up if you just want to delete the kext.

If you installed it another way then I don't really know, your best bet would be to find a way to create a Unibeast installer so you can fix it, maybe borrow a friend's Mac or something?

When i boot into my Unibeast i just get my normal 1TB and not the USB that has the insaller...

Is there not any other way to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back