Contribute
Register

System restarts when trying to install on P6T Deluxe V2. Expert help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Yosemite
CPU
i7
Graphics
R9 290X
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[SOLVED] System restarts when trying to install on P6T Deluxe V2. Expert help needed!

I've been running Lion on my dual boot gaming hack for quite some time now, but yesterday I clicked the wrong button and installed an update that broke my build. So I figured I should try Mavericks. Prepared the boot USB as per the guide with Unibeast, but when I'm running it the system restarts before the logo appears. What I've tried so far:

-Experimentet with different flags: -x -v -f -F npci=0x2000 npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No... No luck.
-Tried 3 different GPU cards, the 7970 that is in my water loop, an old 5870, and a really old nVidia card. Same results.
-Switched the output from DVI to HDMI.
-Started install USB from an existing boot loader on an other partition.
-Downloaded a modified mach_kernel, did not help.
-Checked for updated BIOS for P6T Deluxe V2, nothing new since 2011.

My system is slightly overclocked, don't know if that matters.

I do have an old partition with Lion without network and sound I can boot into with GraphicsEnabler=No, so I have no problem accessing the drive I want to install to. Maybe there is an other way?

I'm about to boot to Windows for good, please help!

[SOLVED]System restarts when trying to install on P6T Deluxe V2. Expert help needed!

It turns out my overclock-settings were to blame, the process worked when I restored BIOS defaults. "Execute Disable Bit" MUST be enabled!!!

Had to install external kexts for ethernet and audio and dsdt found on insanelymac.

Also got problems with boot0 + gibberish text. Fixed by installing FAT-partition and using the Chameleon Wizard as described here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-3930k-radeon-hd-7970-ghz-3gb.html#post577520

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back