Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-D3H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Hi everyone, I am new here so first of all thank you all for your help.
Here is my problem, I got stuck and I am getting crazy here so I hope someone can help.
I have a dual boot Intel based PC, with Windows 10 loaded on an SSD drive. Then I have a second SSD drive where I used to run MAC OS Yosemite with Chimera bootloader.
When I upgraded my video card to an NVIDIA GTX1080, the MAC OS stopped working properly, so I tried to upgrade the OS to El Capitan but I probably messed up something along the way and now the MAC OS does not start anymore. Windows 10 was not effected and still runs perfectly.
I tried to create a bootable USB following the guides but several attempts never worked out.
If anyone can help to restore the MAC OS on my second SSD it would be greatly appreciated, I don't have any particular data to save on that drive so I don't mind if I have to format it for a clean installation.
Thank you all for your help!

Hi everyone, I am new here so first of all thank you all for your help.
Here is my problem, I got stuck and I am getting crazy here so I hope someone can help.
I have a dual boot Intel based PC, with Windows 10 loaded on an SSD drive. Then I have a second SSD drive where I used to run MAC OS Yosemite with Chimera bootloader.
When I upgraded my video card to an NVIDIA GTX1080, the MAC OS stopped working properly, so I tried to upgrade the OS to El Capitan but I probably messed up something along the way and now the MAC OS does not start anymore. Windows 10 was not effected and still runs perfectly.
I tried to create a bootable USB following the guides but several attempts never worked out.
If anyone can help to restore the MAC OS on my second SSD it would be greatly appreciated, I don't have any particular data to save on that drive so I don't mind if I have to format it for a clean installation.
Thank you all for your help!

Hi there.

Firstly you need to complete your hardware Profile with details of your motherboard, CPU and GPU (at the least). It's a part of the Site Rules and will be vital to others wanting to help. :thumbup:

Secondly - a UniBeast flash-drive is the way to go so that you can boot your macOS installation and repair it - possibly by re-installing Clover bootloader.

:)

When I upgraded my video card to an NVIDIA GTX1080, the MAC OS stopped working properly, so I tried to upgrade the OS to El Capitan
Your GTX 1080 is not supported in El Capitan, you need at least 10.12.4 and the appropriate Nvidia web drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back