Contribute
Register

System Freezes When Trying to Watch Videos in Fullscreen ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
CPU
Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 2500K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys..I've been a hackintosh user for ages now, and normally do not have any issues..but ever since I installed Mountain Lion sometime ago, I realized that I could not watch videos in fullscreen anymore without my system completely locking up, and the video screen becoming white. Thus resulting in the need to reboot, this is starting to get annoying because most websites (vimeo or youtube) I want to watch things in fullscreen sometimes..

I believe it may have something to do with with my video card, but I am not sure...

I did also upgrade my bios to uefi right before my mountain lion install..

(mountain lion 10.8.2)
My specs are as follows:

Mobo: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3

CPU: (relevance?) - i5 2500K

GPU: GTX 550ti [Cuda driver: 5.0.37] - GPU Driver Version: 8.0.61 295.30.20f02

If anyone could help me out that would be great!

Bump, anyone have ideas????

Perhaps I should cross post this another sub section?

whats your machine type in smbios? i think i was seeing some video issues with Macmini5,1 or 5,2 while iMac12,2 was fine.

i have the same issue.
video: gtx 550 ti (the same!)
and there is actuaaly a solution besides reboot.
you need just to press ESC, then F9 OR F11, OR try both.

But can anyone help us?

whats your machine type in smbios? i think i was seeing some video issues with Macmini5,1 or 5,2 while iMac12,2 was fine.

i have imac in smbios...
any ideas?

iMac12,2? also is your onboard HD3000 disabled? and can you confirm if your video card is properly working and accelerating 3D/OpenGL games? google for Unigine Heaven for Mac and see if it runs well.

iMac12,2? also is your onboard HD3000 disabled? and can you confirm if your video card is properly working and accelerating 3D/OpenGL games? google for Unigine Heaven for Mac and see if it runs well.

Yes, iMac 12,2.
I don't have onboard HD3000.
My proc. is core 2 duo e8400.

And yes, my video card is working perfectly in 3D/OpenGL games (csgo, cs 1,6 beta on steam)

Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back