Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI P67A-GD55 (P3) MS7681
CPU
Core i5-2500k
Graphics
GTX 970
I'm posting this under "Graphics" but I'm not sure if the problem lies elsewhere.

I just completed a successful (fresh) install of High Sierra using the installation guide. I ran into problems but used answers on the forums to power through. I initially installed WebDriver-387.10.10.10.25.160 but read about potential issues with it, so I then used nvidia-update to rollback to .106.

The system feels a bit slow. Resizing windows isn't smooth, there's a slight lag when typing, everything just feels slightly slower than my old Macbook Pro. How can I diagnose the problem? Are there "tests" that I can perform to rule out graphics-related issues?

i5-2500K
MSI p67a-gd55
Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Nvidia GTX 970
16 GB RAM

Mine is very sluggish. However on latest Nvidia drivers I haven't done the rollback. My plan is to stick it out till next update, suggest you do the same. It's not a life threatening issue and has others have encountered you're only one step away from creating a non bootable problem so I think it's more of a pick your battles type scenario. Especially given you've already rolled back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back