Motherboard
ASRock W480 Creator-1.40-OC0.9.5
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 6650 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Fresh install of opencore and Ventura, with spoofed RX 6650XT. Everything works perfectly first few times, but then persistant crashes on rebooting. I am not sure where to start with troubleshooting this. I tried reinstalling OS, which worked on the first try only, before the crashing resumed. Help!

Fresh install of opencore and Ventura, with spoofed RX 6650XT. Everything works perfectly first few times, but then persistant crashes on rebooting. I am not sure where to start with troubleshooting this. I tried reinstalling OS, which worked on the first try only, before the crashing resumed. Help!

Hi there

I think we need more detail. If it is crashing on reboot then add the "-v" boot-argument so that verbose mode shows you where it is stopping. If you can, photo the screen and upload it.

Next check the Crash Logs. They will give you exact details.

If nothing helps archive your EFI folder as a ZIP file and attach it to a post - after removing your serial-number of course.

:)

Hi there

I think we need more detail. If it is crashing on reboot then add the "-v" boot-argument so that verbose mode shows you where it is stopping. If you can, photo the screen and upload it.

Next check the Crash Logs. They will give you exact details.

If nothing helps archive your EFI folder as a ZIP file and attach it to a post - after removing your serial-number of course.

Noobie question: where do i find the crash logs?
It seems to boot into macOS, then crashes, so the verbose mode won't show that, will it?

Noobie question: where do i find the crash logs?
It seems to boot into macOS, then crashes, so the verbose mode won't show that, will it?

There are several places in macOS where logs are kept, for example:

Drive~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/

Or you can more easily just run the Console app in the Applications Utilities folder. Select the Errors and Faults.

Or just open System Report and scroll down to Software/Logs in the left-hand sidebar.

Or you can more easily just run the Console app in the Applications Utilities folder. Select the Errors and Faults.

Or just open System Report and scroll down to Software/Logs in the left-hand sidebar.

How can I access the crash logs when the system keeps crashing before I get a chance to access them? Can it be done from Recovery mode? I assume I can access the crash logs using Terminal, but I don't know how to do this.

UPDATE: I created a second Ventura boot drive from a spare SSD, and used that to access the logs in the DiagnosticReports folder. There were a number of kernal panic files from yesterday, when the problem described in the OP began. I am attaching one of the kernal panic files (the first one), as well as the entire DiagnosticReports folder compressed. Does this tell you anything? It's kind of gibberish to me!

Attachments

• DiagnosticReports.zip
    548.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Kernel-2023-11-01-134743.panic.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

EFI (Serials removed) and notes to self on what I did (CHANGES.txt)

Attachments

• CHANGES.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 15
  • EFI.zip
    41.9 MB · Views: 14
EFI (Serials removed) and notes to self on what I did (CHANGES.txt)

Well the first obvious thing is the incorrect Device-ID for the UHD630. I understand you are using it headless but the code doesn't look right. The official Intel Device-ID is 0x9BC5, so you would think the correct value was 0300C59B. However other UHD630 values may work as there were different ones used throughout Comet Lake.

The crashes may occur if macOS calls the UHD630 for some task, whether just initialising itself or actually performing.

Otherwise, more thought required ...

Well the first obvious thing is the incorrect Device-ID for the UHD630. I understand you are using it headless but the code doesn't look right. The official Intel Device-ID is 0x9BC5, so you would think the correct value was 0300C59B. However other UHD630 values may work as there were different ones used throughout Comet Lake.

The crashes may occur if macOS calls the UHD630 for some task, whether just initialising itself or actually performing.

Otherwise, more thought required ...
I am in utter disbelief, but this worked! Replaced 0300913E (not sure where I got that one!:banghead:) with 0300C59B in DeviceProperties/Add/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)/AAPL,ig-platform-id.

Thank you so much!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

I am in utter disbelief, but this worked! Replaced 0300913E (not sure where I got that one!:banghead:) with 0300C59B in DeviceProperties/Add/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)/AAPL,ig-platform-id.

Thank you so much!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Glad that helped! :thumbup:

Back