Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
HELP! SuperMicro X8DTH-IF Dual X5670 AppleUSBXHCIPCI Kernel Panic

Hello,

I'm trying to install El Capitan on a Supermicro X8DTH-IF dual socket motherboard.

After sorting out some issues regarding a black screen after the clover bootloader (solved by sitting the gpu in a CPU1 pcie slot), I'm now facing a kernel panic that revolves around the AppleUSBXHCIPCI kext. I've looked up the x58 El Capitan thread, and after having read most if not all of it, I noticed that people then to get their x58 system working by putting a DSDT file in the
clover->apci -> patched folder, only I can't use any of those DSDTs because I have an uncommon dual socket 1366 motherboard. I understand some users with similar motherboards have managed to get their system going, but even trying to mimic their boot settings led to no avail : Still a nasty kernel panic revolving around the AppleUSBXHCIPCI kext.
I've tried the Clover Config : FixHPET FixDTGP FixDarwin FixIPIC AddMCHC with or without FixUSB.
Also tried different SMBIOS, but same story, that bloody AppleUSBXHCIPCI.

I also did a Bios reset with Vt-d disabled and AHCI enabled.
My GPU is a 7970 ghz, but I doubt it's relevant.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Marc

Attachments

• kernelpanic.jpg
    kernelpanic.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 265
"After sorting out some issues regarding a black screen after the clover bootloader (solved by sitting the gpu in a CPU1 pcie slot)"

This helped me alot... now i'm also stucked with the USB Driver... next step's will be the GenericUSB Driver and to disable USB2 at all... (I have an OS X compatible USB3 Card here... maybe the board can boot right from it...)

Sören

Hi there,

did you have any success. I have the same mobo and I am getting stuck at USB, too. This is giving me real troubles :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back