Register

SuperDuper wiped out boot loader - need help

Motherboard
not sure
CPU
not sure
Graphics
not sure
When I did a "smart update" on SuperDuper on my operating system it seemed to have wiped out the EFI boot loader so it cannot see the drive anymore. I have the flash drive bootable disk (Sierra 10.12) but don't know how to reinstall JUST the boot loader since this was done but an experienced installer and they are gone now. I was wondering if anyone had advise because I cannot figure this issue out and am hoping to recover the drive to be bootable again.

When I did a "smart update" on SuperDuper on my operating system it seemed to have wiped out the EFI boot loader so it cannot see the drive anymore. I have the flash drive bootable disk (Sierra 10.12) but don't know how to reinstall JUST the boot loader since this was done but an experienced installer and they are gone now. I was wondering if anyone had advise because I cannot figure this issue out and am hoping to recover the drive to be bootable again.

Hi

The first thing you need to do is complete your hardware Profile. It will be hard for anyone to help you if they don't know your PC hardware. It's also a part of the site rules.

:)

Hi

The first thing you need to do is complete your hardware Profile. It will be hard for anyone to help you if they don't know your PC hardware. It's also a part of the site rules.

:)
Yes, sorry you are totally right. I wound up getting a refurbished MAC, installed everything new and stored this one and need to go open it and get the specs since it's totally not operational now. I will do that as soon as I can.

Back