Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Successfully installed macOS, but cannot sleep, shutdown or reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,

I am using Gigabyte Z390M Gaming, i7 9700k, Vega 64, GSkill 8Gb memory * 4 and samsung 970 pro 512Gb nvme ssd.

So far my experience with my hackintosh is pretty good. I followed vanilla hackintosh instructions, and I am able to boot up very fast; imessage, facetime, app store and itunes all work for me; audio and LAN port on the mobo work; istat shows reasonable cpu temperature and frequency.
However, I am not able to shutdown, restart or sleep my os. When I try to shutdown or restart, I see logs saying "Will be calling reboot(2) with flags: 0x0", then it panics, and ends with "BSD process name corresponding to current thread: launchd"

Do I need some extra setting in the plist or some dsdt file? I am not sure if there are more unknown issues with my hackintosh.

Thank you,
Retty Moo

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.8 MB · Views: 107
Hello,

I have a very similar build (same MoBo, i5 8600K, Rx 580 Pulse, same SSD). The install went well and Mojave (10.14.0) run smoothly (I have audio and ethernet networt after kext installation with Multibeast. I am using build iMac18,2). But I have exactly the same problem: no way to get a clean system halting or going into sleep mode. The Hachintosh will always reboot. Some threads have suggested to do a FixShutdown patching and / or adding the Darwake=8 boot argument, or even to remove the com.apple.powermanagement files located in the Library/Preferences folder. None of these worked unfortunately, and I really don't know what to do next or how to troubleshoot.
Thank you very much for any help (I can provide any file or add any more info if needed).

Hello,

I have a very similar build (same MoBo, i5 8600K, Rx 580 Pulse, same SSD). The install went well and Mojave (10.14.0) run smoothly (I have audio and ethernet networt after kext installation with Multibeast. I am using build iMac18,2). But I have exactly the same problem: no way to get a clean system halting or going into sleep mode. The Hachintosh will always reboot. Some threads have suggested to do a FixShutdown patching and / or adding the Darwake=8 boot argument, or even to remove the com.apple.powermanagement files located in the Library/Preferences folder. None of these worked unfortunately, and I really don't know what to do next or how to troubleshoot.
Thank you very much for any help (I can provide any file or add any more info if needed).
Hi guys,

I am using Gigabyte Z390M Gaming, i7 9700k, Vega 64, GSkill 8Gb memory * 4 and samsung 970 pro 512Gb nvme ssd.

So far my experience with my hackintosh is pretty good. I followed vanilla hackintosh instructions, and I am able to boot up very fast; imessage, facetime, app store and itunes all work for me; audio and LAN port on the mobo work; istat shows reasonable cpu temperature and frequency.
However, I am not able to shutdown, restart or sleep my os. When I try to shutdown or restart, I see logs saying "Will be calling reboot(2) with flags: 0x0", then it panics, and ends with "BSD process name corresponding to current thread: launchd"

Do I need some extra setting in the plist or some dsdt file? I am not sure if there are more unknown issues with my hackintosh.

Thank you,
Retty Moo

Hi both.

Do a search in the forums for "Samsung 970 Pro" or Plus version. I think some builders have discovered issues. The Evo or standard version seems ok. Could be a red-herring but for persistent problems, worth researching?

Hello,

By modifying a patched dsdt, I am able to sleep and wake.
Sleep problems:

Problems with sleep are usually related to power management and USB.

If the system goes to sleep and wakes immediately, look for "Wake reason" in kernel log and edit method _PSW or remove _PRW from that device in DSDT.

Hi both.

Do a search in the forums for "Samsung 970 Pro" or Plus version. I think some builders have discovered issues. The Evo or standard version seems ok. Could be a red-herring but for persistent problems, worth researching?

Hi Utter,

Indeed I have seen this but this problem is related to the new EVO PLUS NVMe PCIe SSDs, not to the "older" EVO version. I actually also performed successfully a Mojave install (same build) on a "classical" SATA samsung 840 SSD and I got the same problem: no possibilities to get into sleep mode or to power off the machine. Retty Moo is likely right: either USB or power management problem.

Thank you very much!

By modifying a patched dsdt, I am able to sleep and wake.

Hello RettyMoo,

Many thnaks for your comment. I am trying to get familiar with DSDT patching (never did it before, my current Hackintosh made of GA-Z97M-DS3H + i7-4790K + SATA SSD 850 Pro almost built out of the box and working fine in all aspects under High Sierra 10.13.6. I am just getting familiar (thanks to the excellent guide from RehabMan in DSDT / SSDT files disassembling with iasl, opening it with MaciASL https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/).
I was wondering if you could provide more granularity on what you did to fix the "sleep" problem?

Thank you very much in advance,

Last edited:
Hello RettyMoo,

Many thnaks for your comment. I am trying to get familiar with DSDT patching (never did it before, my current Hackintosh made of GA-Z97M-DS3H + i7-4790K + SATA SSD 850 Pro almost built out of the box and working fine in all aspects under High Sierra 10.13.6. I am just getting familiar (thanks to the excellent guide from RehabMan in DSDT / SSDT files disassembling with iasl, opening it with MaciASL https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/).
I was wondering if you could provide more granularity on what you did to fix the "sleep" problem?

Thank you very much in advance,
I am not sure what dsdt you put in your patched folder, if you download my EFI folder, you will see there is a SSDT-Z390-VEGA64.dsdt. I am not completely sure what this dsdt for, but then, you can search for "_PRW" in that file, and remove that block. Something like this:
Code:
Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
{
    Return (Package (0x02)
    {
        0x69,
        0x03
    })
}
Also, MaciASL complains there are two unexpected return in my file, so I just removed them as well. Not sure this will happen to your dsdt file.
Then, save as a new file and export the binary file and put it into the EFI patched folder.
That is what I went through, let me know if that doesn't work for you!

Attachments

• SSDT-Z390-VEGA64-mod.aml
    2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Hello RettyMoo,

For whatever reasons I didnt see this before. All is explained in this thread:
In a nutshell, the sleep / poweroff problem is solved by removing the AptioMemoryFix-64.efi file from the EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and add the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi (attached below) instead.
This works for my current build (Mojave 10.14.0 with clover 4769).

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
    17.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Hello RettyMoo,

For whatever reasons I didnt see this before. All is explained in this thread:
In a nutshell, the sleep / poweroff problem is solved by removing the AptioMemoryFix-64.efi file from the EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and add the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi (attached below) instead.
This works for my current build (Mojave 11.14.0 with clover 4769).

Hope this helps!
Thank you Mmaira, it seems to be working for me!

Hey, didnt work for me.
I set up a Hackintosh and almost everything seems to work well except the sleep mode. When I click on "Sleep", the displays switch off and 10s later shortly before sleeping the fans of my Vega 64 get very loud for about 3 seconds. After that, everything is silent for 1-2 seconds and then the PC switches on again. Wake up for Ethernet connections in settings already disabled.
Any help?

Z170 Gaming K3
RX Vega 64
i7 6700K

Even though i have an i7 6700k i have my config on Mac Pro because otherwise "Quicklook/Preview" won't work.

Dominik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back