Contribute
Register

(Successful!!) Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X / I7-10700K / RX580 / Catalina 10.15.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had Catalina installed successfully with a 580XT video card. But the ethernet doesn't work.

See my POST #1

Cabuffalo,

If your Ethernet doesn’t work, have you tried installing IntelMausiEthernet.kext in EFI/OC/Kexts/Other?

Cabuffalo,

If your Ethernet doesn’t work, have you tried installing IntelMausiEthernet.kext in EFI/OC/Kexts/Other?
No, I didn't. I believe I missed that part. I found it in the guide. Thanks for the tip, Middleman.

You're welcome!
Here is what I did. But I can't make it work still.

Copy the IntelMausi.kext to EFI\OC\kexts
Open propertree, take a snapshot of my efi folder and save the config.plist.
Reinstall Catalina.

The installation went through w/o any problem. But there is no network adapter shown in system preferences\network.

Did I miss anything?

Thanks.

I had Catalina installed successfully with a 580XT video card. But the ethernet doesn't work.

See my POST #1
Hello cabuffalo:
I'm really glad someone could make it, but... your telling me we need to have dGPU to make work?
So I'll have to wait for my RX5600XT to make it work. Thanks for the update though, at least now I know what I'm missing.

Except the ethernet, everything else works. Yes, installation works with dGPU.

Hello cabuffalo:
I'm really glad someone could make it, but... your telling me we need to have dGPU to make work?
So I'll have to wait for my RX5600XT to make it work. Thanks for the update though, at least now I know what I'm missing.
Finally, I have sorted out. Let me know when you have your card. I'll share my EFI with you.

Finally, I have sorted out. Let me know when you have your card. I'll share my EFI with you.
Hey Mates,
i really need that EFI. I want to upgrade from H81 (Haswell) to Z490 with Intel 10th Gen. I would like to keep my old clover install (Catalina). Any tips?

cabuffalo? are u still having ethernet problems?

Last edited:
ok so... I got it too, but yeah, having problems with ethernet, and I'm thinking in getting a bluetooth module to connect a magic trackpad... Would it work? does someone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back