Graphics
Sapphire RX 5700 XT (Reference)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
kirkdeth Build: Zotac H55-ITX A-E - I5-760 - HD 5770

Apple ]Mac OS X version 10.6 Snow Leopard
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AMHWP8?ie=UTF8
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A

Motherboard: Zotac H55-ITX A-E With Ralink Wifi (Last BIOS update)

CPU: Intel I5-760 [stock]
http://www.amazon.com/Intel-i5-760-Processor-Socket-LGA1156/dp/B003VANRAQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1316307388&sr=1-1

Ram: Kingston 4gb DDR3 1333Mhz X 2 Dual Channel
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?field-keywords=Kingston+4gb+DDR3+1333Mhz++X+2+Dual+Channel&url=search-alias%3Delectronics&x=0&y=0

Video: XFX HD 5770
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?field-keywords=Kingston+4gb+DDR3+1333Mhz++X+2+Dual+Channel&url=search-alias%3Delectronics&x=0&y=0#/ref=nb_sb_noss?field-keywords=XFX+HD+5770&url=search-alias%3Delectronics&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3AXFX+HD+5770

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500Gb
http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Caviar-Cache-Desktop/dp/B000Q82PIQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1316307978&sr=1-2

Power Supply: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W
http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-eXtreme-ATX12V-Active/dp/B001G0WPLK/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1316308018&sr=1-1

Case: Lian Li PC-Q08B
http://www.amazon.com/PC-Q08B-Black-Mini-ITX-Standard-Supply/dp/B003MRSRM6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1316308068&sr=1-1

Comments:

Using Google translator
First, I'll start by saying that, if not for this great community, none of this will have happened, and I would be suffering because of high prices for Mac. :(

GeekBench: 6391

Material used:
-Retail Snow Leopard DVD DL 10.6.6
-iBoot 3.0
-MultiBeast 3.7.2

Steps followed (Simplified):

1)Take off one Ram module (you can`t have more than 4gb)
2) Change Bios setting *> Advance > IDE options > Set SATA to ACHI [HPET Don`t needed]
3) Put iBoot on DVD, wait for boot screen
4) Put Snow Leopard DVD, select and type: -x-v PCIRooTUID=1, press enter and run setup
5) Make a HDD Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and GUID.
6) Select HDD for install and customize, deselect all. Install
7) After Install, put iBoot on DVD and start the Snow Leopard SO with: -x-v PCIRooTUID=1.
8) Run ComboUpdate 10.6.7, but NO Restart at end.
9) Run MultiBeast with this options:
[*]EasyBeast Install
[*]System Utilities
[*]ALC8xxHDA >> AppleHDA Rollback >> ALC888
[*]ATI 1.6.34.13
[*]FakeSMC
[*]IOUSBFamily Rollback
[*]hnak`s AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet
[*]Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - Prerelease
[*]iMac 11.2
10) Restart and boot normal (not iBoot)

The End :)

In my case i have the Ralink wifi card and its absolutely incompatible with Mac.
The system seems to work well.

UPDATE:
If you use my metod or any other who use pure kext installation, the software update 10.6.8 will cause the USB and audio controller don´t work after restart. And with iBoot using the commands -x -v -f you will have the same problem. So the solution was installing in other partition or disk if you have, another SL, and using MultiBeast in that SL fix the main SO and it will work.

Hi there

I have just bought a custom build ITX "mini hackintosh", using the very same Zotac H55 ITX A-E mobo.

If it weren't for your guide using the "-v -x PCIRootUID=1" I would probably never have gotten past the 'Cannot install Mac OS X on this computer' error. Thank you so much xD
Using this command I got to the install screen and it's installing as I type (on my macbook pro xD), I'm pretty sure it'll work :)

Anywayz, thx for your excellent post!

Hi;

Have you looked at this guide for Zotac H55ITX-A-E?

The install is far simpler, less kext required and DSDT that support USB, video and HDMI audio, and much more that your kext install doesn't support.

DSDT also supports complete power management and things such as fully functional sleep and wake from sleep and support for iTunes connection to iPod Touch, iPhone, etc.

Thanks

Metalcored00d said:
Hi there

I have just bought a custom build ITX "mini hackintosh", using the very same Zotac H55 ITX A-E mobo.

If it weren't for your guide using the "-v -x PCIRootUID=1" I would probably never have gotten past the 'Cannot install Mac OS X on this computer' error. Thank you so much xD
Using this command I got to the install screen and it's installing as I type (on my macbook pro xD), I'm pretty sure it'll work :)

Np ;)

mactition said:
Hi;

Have you looked at this guide for Zotac H55IOTX-A-E?

The install is far simpler, less kext required and DSDT that support USB, video and HDMI audio, and much more that your kext install doesn't support.

DSDT also supports complete power management and things such as fully functional sleep and wake from sleep and support for iTunes connection to iPod Touch, iPhone, etc.

Thanks

Hello, I looked at the guide, but I do not understand how to edit the dsdt. I followed the guide as best I could and did not work. With time I will build a dsdt to work all the best possible

kirkdeth said:
Metalcored00d said:
Hi there

Np ;)

mactition said:
Hi;

Have you looked at this guide for Zotac H55IOTX-A-E?

Thanks

Hello, I looked at the guide, but I do not understand how to edit the dsdt. I followed the guide as best I could and did not work. With time I will build a dsdt to work all the best possible

I also tried the dsdt method, but did not find any benefits. Shutdown worked better with easybeast install...

Have you already tried the 10.6.8 combo update?

grtz

I also tried the dsdt method, but did not find any benefits. Shutdown worked better with easybeast install...

Have you already tried the 10.6.8 combo update?

grtz
Hi, i try the update 10.6.8, and didn´t work the USB and audio controller after restart. The solution was to install in other partition another Snow Leopard, and using Multibeast i fix de main SL and works great now.
Sry for my english.
BB

Hey all

I've followed the budget ITX build tips and now have a fully working hackintosh running 10.6.7 (so far no succes on 10.6.8, but I'll try that later, when I have a full backup of my HDD)

Anywayz, here are my specs; (I tried to follow the budget ITX build as closely as possible)
* Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce 8400GS
* Kingston ValueRam 4GB
* Intel core i3 540
* Zotac H55-A-E wifi
* LG dvd-writer
* Tacens ixion 300watt case

Install guide:
1) To get the installation on my SL boot DVD running, I had to enter -x -v PCIRootUID=1 in iBoot.
2) Once installed succesfully, I had to enter the -x -v PCIRootUID=1 command once more in iBoot (This way you do not have the fancy "welcome to os x" video, but you get to the setup of your account immediately.
3) When you finally get to your desktop, download and install the 10.6.7 combo update and DO NOT REBOOT YET
4) Run the latest Multibeast (3.7.2) and choose:
- Easybeast
- System utilities
- Drivers - Network - Hnac's AppleIntel1000e Ethernet
Install but DO NOT REBOOT YET
5) Google "AppleHDA_1.8.7f1_ALC888_LayoutID_888" to download working audio kexts. The first link you'll find should be mediafire with a zip file! There are 2 files, AppleHDA and HDAEnabler, install both in /Extra/Extensions.
6) Locate NVDANV50Hal.kext in /System/Library/Extensions. Once you found it, double click it and choose "show contents". A folder will appear. Copy info.plist to your desktop. Open the copied info.plist with texteditor and add 0x10c310de underneath IOPCIPrimaryMatch.
It should now look something like this:
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>
0x10c310de
0x00f010de&amp;0xfff0ffff
0x019010de&amp;0xfff0ffff
0x040010de&amp;0xfff0ffff
0x042010de&amp;0xfff0ffff
0x05e010de&amp;0xfff8ffff
0x05f010de&amp;0xfff0ffff
0x060010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x062010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x064010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x06e010de&amp;0xfff0ffff
0x086010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x08a010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0a2010de&amp;0xffa0ffff
0x0ca010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
</string>
7) Repair permissions using something like pfix
8) Reboot and enjoy your mac ^^

I updated my system to 10.6.8 without any hassle, besides the need of the IOPCIFamily fix to avoid the dreaded [ PCI Configuration begin ] issue.

My USB ports all worked like before.

Once rebooted, the update had replaced my nvidia drivers, so I added the 0x10c310de string once more in the NVDANV50Hal.kext, rebooted, and I now have a fully supported 8400GS on 10.6.8!!

To enable audio again, I downloaded the "AppleHDA_1.8.7f1_ALC888_LayoutID_888" kexts again and installed them with kextbeast.

Now all is up and running =)

grtz

Hi kirkdeth;

Send me your vanilla DSDT and I'll edit it for you. To get vanilla DSDT use the DSDTSE program, extract DSDT and save as .dsl file. I don't offer this to everyone, but I want to see you guys on the right track. A kext based system has no reliable future and you won't have a fully functional Mac. As of 10.6.7 some things are not working using kext, because there are none available that are 10.6.7 compatible. Legacy kext may work but that means parts of the system are not ready for the next update, and require hunting for compatible kext again.

For ATI Radeon HD 5750 it will be slightly different than in the guide, ATI Graphics support is not required in the DSDT.

I have been supporting nVidia and want to try ATI Radeon. I bought a 5750 and will do a test system with it as soon as possible. We a have some users that have used my DSDT guide that have working systems with 5750 and a DSDT installed.

My system is one of the closest to mac ever, everything working because of the DSDT. And the performance is much better too, my GeekBench with i5-750 and nVidia GeForce GT 220 is 7684.

I updated to 10.6.8 easily and only had to reinstall AppleHDA for audio.

There are too many benefits to list, you will have a much better system.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back