Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] [Zotac H55-ITX A-E] [XFX HD 5770] [i5 760]

Status
Not open for further replies.
kirkdeth said:
using google translator
First I start by saying that if not for this great community none of this had happened, and I would be suffering because of high prices for Mac: (

Mother: Zotac H55-ITX A-E With Ralink Wifi (Last BIOS update)
CPU: Intel I5 760 [stock]
Ram: Kingston 4gb DDR3 1333Mhz X 2 Dual Channel
Video: XFX HD 5770
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500Gb
Supply: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W
Case: Lian Li PC-Q08B

GeekBench: 6391

Material used:
-Retail Snow Leopard DVD DL 10.6.6
-IBoot 3.0
-MultiBeast 3.7.2

Steps followed (Simplified):

1)Take off one Ram module (you can`t have more than 4gb)
2) Change Bios setting *> Advance > IDE options > Set SATA to ACHI [HPET Don`t needed]
3) Put IBoot on DVD, whait for boot screen
4) Put Snow Leopard DVD, select and type: -x-v PCIRooTUID=1, press enter and run setup
5) Make a HDD Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and GUID.
6) Select HDD for install and customize, deselect all. Install
7) After Install, put IBoot on DVD and start the Snow Leopard SO with: -x-v PCIRooTUID=1.
8) Run ComboUpdate 10.6.7, but NO Restart at end.
9) Run MultiBeast with this options:
[*]EasyBeast Install
[*]System Utilities
[*]ALC8xxHDA >> AppleHDA Rollback >> ALC888
[*]ATI 1.6.34.13
[*]FakeSMC
[*]IOUSBFamily Rollback
[*]hnak`s AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet
[*]Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - Prerelease
[*]iMac 11.2
10) Restart and boot normal (not Iboot)

The End :)

In my case i have the Ralink wifi card and its absolutely incopatible with Mac.
The system seems to work well.

UPDATE:
If you use my metod or any other who use pure kext installation, the software update 10.6.8 will cause the USB and audio controller don´t work after restart. And with IBoot using the commands -x -v -f you will have the same problem. So the sollution was installing in other partition or disk if you have, another SL, and using MultiBeast in that SL fix the main SO and it will work.

Hey, I just found out that the ralink wifi does work after all! All you need to do is download the ralink support for the RT2860 chipset from the official website and reboot in 32bit. It'll work.

Links:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=184409

http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=3

Grtz

Hey, I just found out that the ralink wifi does work after all! All you need to do is download the ralink support for the RT2860 chipset from the official website and reboot in 32bit. It'll work.

Links:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=184409

http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=3

Grtz

Thx for the info, but i have 8gb of Ram i need the sistem working at 64bits. I read all the post from insanelymac and Ralink just make a 32bits support driver :(

Grtz

FINALLY Its working.. I went an bought Graphic Card, GeForce 8400 GS 1gb

For the wireless, I downloaded the Ralink drive? but how should I configured? I installed it and got an icon top corner but not able to see any wifi access...?

Did anyone were to get it working with Zotac H55 A E board after installing Ralink drivers?

Also my audio is not working? Currently i m running 10.6.7 thinking about to upgrade to 10.6.8... thinking..

Also Is it possible to install bluetooth device? so I can able to use Wireless keyboard?

thank you for all your help... :)

mmihir82 said:
FINALLY Its working.. I went an bought Graphic Card, GeForce 8400 GS 1gb

For the wireless, I downloaded the Ralink drive? but how should I configured? I installed it and got an icon top corner but not able to see any wifi access...?

Did anyone were to get it working with Zotac H55 A E board after installing Ralink drivers?

Also my audio is not working? Currently i m running 10.6.7 thinking about to upgrade to 10.6.8... thinking..

Also Is it possible to install bluetooth device? so I can able to use Wireless keyboard?

thank you for all your help... :)

With a bluetooth usb key, you should be able to get bluetooth up and runnning fine =)

About the audio: Google "AppleHDA_1.8.7f1_ALC888_LayoutID_888" to download working audio kexts. The first link you'll find should be mediafire with a zip file! There are 2 files, AppleHDA and HDAEnabler. Place both on your desktop, run kextbeast (which you can download from tonymac) and reboot. Audio should work now =)

The ralink drivers only work in 32bit kernel.

Grtz

Thank you "Metalcored00d" for your help.. really appreciated.

Hello
Just a quick question, everything is running fine with osx 10.6.7 also used software upgrade for other essential from apple, but didn't not upgrade to 10.6.8

I was wondering if I upgrade from Software Update, do I need too re-run MultiBeast?

Please me know thank you for your help

mmihir82 said:
Hello
Just a quick question, everything is running fine with osx 10.6.7 also used software upgrade for other essential from apple, but didn't not upgrade to 10.6.8

I was wondering if I upgrade from Software Update, do I need too re-run MultiBeast?

Please me know thank you for your help

Well, I always upgrade using the software combo update because I've read too many posts of hackintoshers running into serious troubles after using the OS X software update. However, some were able to have a nice clean install.
Since I use an NVIDIA graphics card and have the dreaded (PCI configuration begin) error once I install 10.6.8, I can only use the combo update; that way I can install the software and reinstall some kexts (like the fixed iopcifamily) before the reboot ^^

I hope you didn't run into too much trouble trying to set up your hackintosh so far =)

Grtz

vancityex said:
did you get hdmi audio working too.....

Hi there

The kexts I use are advised by Mactition. He confirmed that hdmi audio is working with these kexts. However, since I don't own any hdmi cables, I don't know whether this is applicable for kext based installs also as Mactition uses a dsdt install.

If you installed these kexts, you'd know if they do the trick for you ;)

Download them here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?b92h6etbpw44m9r

Grtz

Hi

I've finally managed to install 10.7 =). It took me a while to get it up and running, but I'll explain the steps I took;

Basically it's the same with what Kirkdeth mentioned with installing the 10.6.8 combo update on our build; we NEED a second partition on our HDD with a running OS X on it in order to be able to install OS X to the other partition.

First I followed the xmove-method from tonymac. But instead of trying to run the installer partition, I had to reboot into SL and run multibeast --> choose the IOPCIFamilyFix and install it on the Installer partition.
Upon reboot, I could boot the Installer partition using the boot command DSDT=NO

Once the installation was finished, I again had to reboot in SL and run multibeast, again to install the IOPCIFamilyFix but this time also to install easybeast on the 10.7 partition. Here I also installed all necessary kexts like hnaks ethernet kext, the audio kexts, ... And repair the permissions using something like myfix 1.3

After that I could reboot into Lion using the same boot command (dsdt=no). Once I got to the desktop and set up my system, I didn't even have to add that boot command anymore.

So far it seems Lion runs somehow faster than SL on my build, it's really awesome ^^

Grtz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back