Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Yosemite Gigabyte Z87-HD3 - Intel i5 4440 - GTX 760 (Using Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
GTX 970
Hello everybody I'm gonna show you how i could make works Yosemite in my computer after a lot of test and reinstall the system more than 5 times.

First of all, I want to apologize my English if you don't understand something due to I am Spanish.

My PC Specs:
- Gigabyte GA Z87-HD3
- Intel i5 4440 3,1 GHz
- Gigabyte Nvida Geforce GTX 760 (2 GB)
- 2x Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3 1333 MHz
- Crucial M500 SSD 120GB (Yosemite)
- Western Digital 1TB

What you will need:
- USB (8GB min)
- Yosemite OS (App Store)
- Clover - http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/
- Multibeast (7.0.1) - http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads
- Multibeast (6.1.0) - http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads

Let's go to start:

1º Download Yosemite from App Store, Clover and both version of Multibeast
2º Prepare Bios:
- Run Bios pressing DEL Button on boot
- In Home Tab select "Load Defaults" in the right window
- Then Go to "BIOS Features" tab and
- Disable Vt-d
- Disable Secure Boot
- Select Other OS
- Select "Save and Exit" tab and exit saving the changes.
3º Disconnect every usb except Keyboard, mouse, and the USB Stick for Yosemite
4º Prepare USB Stick and install OS following this steps: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html
- In "Step 2: Prepare Bootable USB Drive - 22. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add your ethernet kext" I choose "RealtekRTL81xx.kext"
- You will need another USB Stick where to save both version of Multibeast or save them in the Yosemite USB before start installation due to I couldn't connect to the internet.

5º Once you have install and setup OS you would see your desktop with no Internet and no audio, don't worry we will fix it now.
6º Open Multibeast 7.0.1 and select:
- Quick Start -> "DSDT Free"
- On Drivers Tab:
- Disk -> TRIM Enable -> 10.10.0 TRIM Patch
- Network -> Realtek -> Realtek RTL81xx v0.0.90
- Bootloader -> Uncheck Chimera 4.0.0
- Build -> Install
- Restart

7º Now you should be internet connection but no audio. Open Multibeast 6.1.0:
- Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek ALCxxx -> Without DSDT -> ALC892 (It should automatically select HDAEnable if not select it)
- Build -> Install
- Restart

8º Check if you have Audio, if not go to System Preferences/Sound/Output/ and select Internal audio.
9º Enjoy it =D

Solution to Stop Icon:
If when you restart after all you get a Stop Icon you will need to disable TRIM. To do that you will to follow this steps:
- Reboot from Yosemite USB Stick and select "Boot OS X Install from OS X Install OS X Yosemite"
- Open Terminal from the menu bar, and write this commands, replacing "Your Disk name" from the name of the Yosemite Volume (in my case Yosemite) (Pay Attention to the syntax "/System/..." is not the same that "System/..."):
Code:
nvram -d boot-args
Code:
cd /Volumes/Your Disk name
Code:
rm -rf System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext
Code:
cp -r /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext
Code:
chown -R root:wheel System/Library/Extensions
Code:
chmod -R 755 System/Library/Extensions
Code:
touch System/Library/Extensions
Code:
kextcache -prelinked-kernel System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache -K System/Library/Kernels/kernel System/Library/Extensions

- Wait until it finish it can be 5-10 min or less (in my case was 1 min or less but i have a SSD if you have a HDD it could take more time)
- Restart from Yosemite HD
- If it boot normally and every works fine you can finish here but if it stops on boot, or audio don't works continue reading.
Don't Boot
- Boot from Yosemite HD and in the Clover menu select Options
- Then select "Boot args" and write this (to write on it just select it and click enter):
Code:
kext-dev-mode=1 -f
- Press Entre to save the change, select return and boot from Yosemite as normal
- Once it boot go to "Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/" and copy "com.apple.Boot.plist" to the Desktop
- Open it with TextEdit and insert this:
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 -f</string>
- Save it and move the file to "Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/" replacing the original
Audio doesn't work
- Simply reinstall it from Multibeast 6.1.0 and restart.

Well that's all I hope it helps you

Write any issues you have with my guide and I will try to fix it :)

Hmmm. The MultiBeast for Yosemite audio drivers work on my systems. Yosemite has changed it's audio output settings. See my post here which might help.

Hmmm. The MultiBeast for Yosemite audio drivers work on my systems. Yosemite has changed it's audio output settings. See my post here which might help.

I had heard that it doesn't work with the new version of Multibeast but I will try it later and change it if it works on my system. Thanks for the info :)

Is your fourth step in removing the Trim kext correct? I got an error saying that it wasn't there to copy, and it looks like it was deleted in the previous step.

Is your fourth step in removing the Trim kext correct? I got an error saying that it wasn't there to copy, and it looks like it was deleted in the previous step.

Be careful. You need to write a slash before the first "/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext" which takes another file. ;)

Be careful. You need to write a slash before the first "/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext" which takes another file. ;)

Ah, that must have been it.

Thanks for the write up, you helped me get my Z87N-WIFI running sucessfully. My only changes were skipping the Trim Kext, using This to get Trim working (option 2), and then installing VoodooHDA for Audio over HDMI out of my GTX 760.

Ah, that must have been it.

Thanks for the write up, you helped me get my Z87N-WIFI running sucessfully. My only changes were skipping the Trim Kext, using This to get Trim working (option 2), and then installing VoodooHDA for Audio over HDMI out of my GTX 760.

I'm glad to help you, Enjoy it ;)

I'm having problems following this. When I go to boot the Clover USB stick in Install OS X Yosemite mode it goes REALLY slowly and eventually hangs on a full res screen with the spinning colour wheel.

Any help here?

Hello,

Using the same motherboard and Yosemite I'm encountering a number of problems so I would like to ask you :

Do your USB3.0 ports all work?
Is an iPad or iPhone (recent model with lightning connector) recognized and works with iTunes? On which ports?

Do you have a Wifi N dongle or better (AC?) that works in Yosemite?

Thanks for your research.
3xC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back