Contribute
Register

Success: X58A-UD7 + High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked GA support. Seems your board BIOS uses letters only. From what I can tell there are no Beta versions. You should be OK with FC.
Did you do all of the patches in d00d's excellent guide?
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...a-dsdt-native-power-management-modifications/

No, that would take a lot of time, I found a well tested patch file on insanelymac that combines a few useful patches and that works. It could take a lot of extra effort to try every one of those and see if they work with my board revision, though I imagine there could be some patches skipped. The problem could be power management, but how do I know, the log files don't say anything useful for sure. Sometimes, it boots, sometimes it doesn't. This wasn't the case with Yosemite, I think. Though I'm not so sure. Maybe my hardware is fried. Tried so many variations. I'm about to erase High Sierra and restore Sierra from TM. At least Sierra booted more often than not. :p Since Sierra, booting is black magic. It doesn't make any sense. The BIOS revision could be a culprit, though, because I flashed FC before installing Sierra. Hmmm... (And before I was using a custom ROM image that somebody made! That was weird too because it didn't show the devices correctly in BIOS, but afterwards it worked well!)

Last edited:
Well I have similar hardware and I can say High Sierra starts + boots up every time...I have the latest beta bios and I only have the UD7 1.0 mobo.
Just updated to 10.13.2 from App Store and it's all working fine when following a few simple tasks:
Always update clover + clover configurator before updating Apple OS.
Copy the latest apfs.efi to efi/clover...
Start update wait for 2-3 times restart, it's updating without user interference on it's own.
After finishing update (10.3.2 took about 5-10min.) use audio_cloverALC-130 command for audio to work again.
Nothing special to do all working fine....almost like on an original Apple computer.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-15 um 15.08.55.png

Last edited:
>>Copy the latest apfs.efi to efi/clover...

When you're updating to High Sierra for the first time (from say El Capitan), do you have to do this or is this only after you have High Sierra and you are updating to a newer version?

Updated to PB8/DB9 today via the App Store Updates method.
Removed the AppleHDA patches in the config.plist and ran toleda's script and have audio back. Everything seems to work OK. I will let it sleep overnight to test sleep/wake, but I have no doubt it will pass again this time as last.
Everything I can test is working (no handoff, etc. requiring another Apple device).

hey ''going bald'" CAN ASSIST WITH A DETAILED TUTORIAL. When i boot from the usb, all i see is just the clover icon and the regular menu underneath. no efi or usb hard disk icon. THANK U IN ADVANCE.

Attachments

• 20180116_195808.jpg
    20180116_195808.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 90
20180116_195808.jpg CAN ANYONE ASSIT. Ive gotten through with other osx installs on my specs,but this one is different . im having a lot of issues with my unibeast. here is a pic of my troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back