Contribute
Register

[Success] VGA port fix for Intel HD 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we please indicate which version of OS we are using.

I am using a purchased 10.7.2 (a fresh install via unibeast)

I have not had success yet on my Gigabyte Z68M-D2H 2105 HD3000 connected to VGA. (dont have HDMI or DVI monitor to test.)

Before playing around I enabled VNC and can access the computer remotely.

Should I remove the new AppleIntel HD 3000 drivers in order to use this hacked version?

pippox0 said:
Hi,
Lion uses a pre-fixed ammount of ram for intel HD3000 video card.
So set bios to 384mb if you have 4Gb of ram , or 480 if you have 8Gb of ram.

Wave effect can be enabled by removing flag on show dashboard as a separate desktop under general options.

About Ram!!!
My Bios sets = 64MB or 128MB or 256MB or 512MB (use this actually)
384MB option not supported in my bios!!! Any suggestions about config?
Curios> in OpenGL Extensions Viewer the Video Memory is 416MB!!! ???
Captura de Tela 2011-12-25 às 14.35.16.png

About Ripple Effect (wrong a.k.a. wave effect for me) :lol:
Thanks Friend pippox0!!!! You make me find this post about Ripple effect enable (wave effects...wharever :lol: :lol: its on thats important :lol:)
http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=25935
For user can't see Ripple Effects:
HoosierInFL said:
Since so many people use the Dashboard "ripple" effect to see if their video card is fully accelerated, I thought I would mention this. When Dashboard is used as a Space, the ripple effect is turned off. To get the ripple effect back, you must go to Mission Control settings and uncheck the option to show Dashboard as a Space.

Very Thanks for help Pippox0!!!!

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2011-12-25 às 14.35.16.png
    Captura de Tela 2011-12-25 às 14.35.16.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 481
mattsaved said:
Could we please indicate which version of OS we are using.

I am using a purchased 10.7.2 (a fresh install via unibeast)

I have not had success yet on my Gigabyte Z68M-D2H 2105 HD3000 connected to VGA. (dont have HDMI or DVI monitor to test.)

Before playing around I enabled VNC and can access the computer remotely.

Should I remove the new AppleIntel HD 3000 drivers in order to use this hacked version?
My patched kexts are from 10.7.1.
You can use in 10.7.2 without delete nothing because appleintelhd3000.kext is not loaded since we first must patch it.
If you want try to use new kexts from 10.7.2, you must patch them ...
Remember to set GraphicsEnabler=No to use VGA port ...

j3cam said:
Hello,

For me it works with 10.7.2, but it's impossible to change resolution, even with switchresx :(

Is there something to do ?

Me too!!!!
You need to adjust some file to use switchresx!!!
But for me it's hard! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Help us Pippox0 :thumbup:

ok i can not for the life of me get this to work proper. i have had no problem using VGA but i have yet to see in system info it say hd 3000 and load a kext.

i have tried 8,1 and 5,1 still wont say HD 3000

tried both Graphicenabler=no and yes

i did notice my device id seems different then everyone. 122

if that is all i am missing could you kindly update your kexts to include my id or the DSDT for my board (i have tried myself but there is no guarantee i am doing it right.

i am also having trouble getting multibeast 4.2.1 to not fail i have had to use 4.0.3

Code:
Type:   GPU
  Bus:   Built-In
  VRAM (Total):   64 MB of Shared System Memory
  Vendor:   Intel (0x8086)
  Device ID:   0x0122
  Revision ID:   0x0009
  Kernel Extension Info:   No Kext Loaded
  Displays:
Display:
  Resolution:   1024 x 768
  Pixel Depth:   32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Main Display:   Yes
  Mirror:   Off
  Online:   Yes

thanks in advance

Success! My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3 and my CPU is Intel Core i3-2105 with Intel HD 3000 Graphics. Trying to connect to an old 17" Sony monitor with only a single VGA input 1280x1024.

Lion 10.7.2 freshly downloaded from App Store (Dec 2011).

I installed your custom kexts which finally enabled vga output (with limited resolution as you mentioned). Trying to switch to the correct resolution through System Preferences gave me that black screen problem (fixable by briefly pressing the power button, waiting 15 sec, pressing again, causing it to boot right into Lion with no delay, strangely).

Installing the shareware program "SwitchResX" fixed that problem completely, giving me control of the resolution through the SwitchResX Pref Pane (make sure to have the daemon start automatically and adjust other settings appropriately):

http://www.madrau.com/indexSRX4.html

TL;DR
Got VGA output with full resolution control on Lion thanks to this guide, couldn't have done it without you
:D

Thank you for the excellent fix

Code:
CHECK LIST
a) VGA /HDMI works with QE/CI ?
Yes

b) Can you change resolution ?
Yes, but only through SwitchResX Preference Pane

c) Rotations works ?
Yes

d) Traslucid desktop ? 
Yes

e) Wave effects on Dashboard ?
I believe so

f) Can use one, two o three monitors at same time ?
Only tested 2 (HDMI and VGA together) didn't test the other HDMI port. Seems to work great.

g) Any other tries you do
SwitchResX
GraphicsEnabler=No

Nacht said:
ok i can not for the life of me get this to work proper. i have had no problem using VGA but i have yet to see in system info it say hd 3000 and load a kext.

i have tried 8,1 and 5,1 still wont say HD 3000

tried both Graphicenabler=no and yes

i did notice my device id seems different then everyone. 122
For macmini5,1, you need device_id: 126. Install Chimera and set model to macmini5,1 Trash old versions of MultiBeast and download again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back