Contribute
Register

[Success] VGA port fix for Intel HD 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
angelnieves said:
Graphics, resolution, & video playback all seem to work fine with your kexts, but I cant seem to fix the Pixelated screen when I go into Launch Pad.

Hi ,
very strange bug, i can use launch Pad without any issue ...

PippoX0

pippox0 said:
angelnieves said:
Graphics, resolution, & video playback all seem to work fine with your kexts, but I cant seem to fix the Pixelated screen when I go into Launch Pad.

Hi ,
very strange bug, i can use launch Pad without any issue ...

PippoX0

I think he meant Mission Control, but I got the same problem here (not always). It's not a big deal, but sometimes I got some weird lines. I guess something is wrong with the GPU's memory.

Can someone please confirm whether mirroring is working or not? I have posted this on insanelymac also and i got one of the reply that after 10.7.3, mirroring is working with connector table adjustments in the FB kext. Please update!

Hello to all and firstly many thanks to the help provided.
This is just a quick hello and also a question to see if anyone else has had the same problems I have faced.

I have the macmini install with

Gigabyte GA H67M D2 B3 ver 1.1 F5
i3 hd 3000
I have preformed a fresh install and have enabled the sound and netowrk without any problems.Through a system of elimination I have discovered a small problem.
I have followed the Instructions here to the letter to install and fully use QE/CI(which worked brill I have to say),I need it for screenflow and other stuff.
The prob I have now is that after maybe 20mins of inactivity the screen goes grey and tells me I need to reboot.
The system still works but it happens always.
Before I used the files listed on page one it never happened.
I couldn't have QE/CI but at least it wouldnt freeze on me.
What I am not sure is if the DSDT is a predited one for my mobo or I can just use the easybeast one instead of a user one.
If anyone could help that would be great.
If I need to give any more info let me know as this is my first post.
Thanking you all again

Andy

kleb said:
j3cam said:
Hello,

For me it works with 10.7.2, but it's impossible to change resolution, even with switchresx :(

Is there something to do ?

Me too!!!!
You need to adjust some file to use switchresx!!!
But for me it's hard! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Help us Pippox0 :thumbup:

I too have the same problem, what version of lion have? 10.7.1 or 10.7.2?
I have 10.7.2...
when I set the maximum resolution of my monitor in the switchresx, the screen goes black

@pippox0 if I use your AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext on lion 10.7.2, I have to remove AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext?

Salvo

andyegandiving said:
Hello to all and firstly many thanks to the help provided.
This is just a quick hello and also a question to see if anyone else has had the same problems I have faced.

I have the macmini install with

Gigabyte GA H67M D2 B3 ver 1.1 F5
i3 hd 3000
I have preformed a fresh install and have enabled the sound and netowrk without any problems.Through a system of elimination I have discovered a small problem.
I have followed the Instructions here to the letter to install and fully use QE/CI(which worked brill I have to say),I need it for screenflow and other stuff.
The prob I have now is that after maybe 20mins of inactivity the screen goes grey and tells me I need to reboot.
The system still works but it happens always.
Before I used the files listed on page one it never happened.
I couldn't have QE/CI but at least it wouldnt freeze on me.
What I am not sure is if the DSDT is a predited one for my mobo or I can just use the easybeast one instead of a user one.
If anyone could help that would be great.
If I need to give any more info let me know as this is my first post.
Thanking you all again

Andy

Hello again
In the end it turns out to be something to do with the computer going to sleep maybe,If I use the computer non stop it works great.Will look for sleep problems.
Thanks again for the great guide.

A happy hackintosh user

Andy

reset resolution for the user account:

Code:
1. Start up the computer in single-user mode.
# -s

2. This step contains a series of commands, each preceded by the pound sign (#). You should type each, pressing Return after each to execute it before continuing to the next.

# fsck -y  

Note: If the result of this file system check is: "***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****" then repeat fsck -y until the result is "** The volume xxxx appears to be OK", Where "xxxx" is the name of the computer's startup volume.

#mount -uw /
#rm /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist
#cd /Users/username/Library/Preferences/ByHost
#ls

Note: Using the ls command here lists all the visible files and folders in the ByHost folder. Locate the file named "com.apple.windowserver.xxxx.plist", where "xxxx" is an alpha numeric string.

# rm com.apple.windowserver.xxxx.plist  

Note: In place of "com.apple.windowserver.xxxx.plist", use the file name you located in the last step. This step deletes the file located in the last step.

# reboot

http://support.apple.com/kb/TA21106?viewlocale=en_US

hey just a quick question, i have switchx, the problem i have is everytime i restart my computer when it boots up, it goes to a black screen and I have to put the pc to sleep then back on for the monitor to come on. Is there a way to fix this?

viewfair said:
hey just a quick question, i have switchx, the problem i have is everytime i restart my computer when it boots up, it goes to a black screen and I have to put the pc to sleep then back on for the monitor to come on. Is there a way to fix this?

yeah i have the same problem... i have to sleep/wake to show the screen... i used switchresx for have full resolution... :)

Hi,

I have this odd problem. My system specs are:

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev 1.0
Intel I7-2600K processor
16 GB RAM
Crusial M4 128 GB SSD

I have a triple boot: Win7_64, Win7_32, Lion 10.7.3

I have Lion installed with unibeast and did the post install with multibeast 4.2.1 and installed all the requerd kexts and used the DSDT from Tony database and used MBP8,1 smbios file.

THE PROBLEM: I got my display connected on the VGA port and when i boot (with -v GraphicsEnabler=No, otherwise it freezes)
In my system profile it says my display kext is not loaded (because of the GE=No) but my device ID is 0x0122.
My question is: does Chimera support the 0x0122 or is it the problem that i use the vga port. and will it be solved when i connect it by HDMI or DVI

(as you can read, i use the onboard intel hd 3000 controller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back