Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ThriftyMac - HP dc7900 - £100 - 10.9.4 Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried a few guides on here and have the 10.9.4 installer which I'm installing from but I just cannot get ethernet to work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mine works well with the AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4.1a from Multibeast.

If you've tried several others then boot with -f to clear your cache.

Good Luck

Thank you very much for this thread, Pilgrim. I bought a 7900 CMT with an E8500 3.16 ghz processor and 4gig of RAM from ebay for $89.00. Upped the ram to 6 gig, put in a 1TB HD and a GT 730 low power video card. I also added a $6 usb sound dongle from Amazon. Everything worked out of the box. Only thing I had to do was address the 0 error boot problem. Solution one in the guide fixed that.

Again, thanks and Happy Hackintoshing!

Than you very much for this thread, Pilgrim. I bought a 7900 CMT with a E8400 3.16 ghz processor and 4gig of RAM from ebay for $89.00. Upped the ram to 6 gig, put in a 1TB HD and a GT 730 low power video card. I also added a $6 usb sound dongle from Amazon. Everything worked out of the box. Only thing I had to do was address was 0 error boot problem. Solution one in the guide fixed that.

Again, thanks and Happy Hackintoshing!

You're welcome - Thanks for the feedback - Enjoy your Hack :thumbup:

hey guys just had an idea about the sound on the HP DC7900. you can buy a Sound Blaster audigy 2 and use the KX Driver by KX Project hope this helps you guys heres a link to the card on ebay with this Sound Card you will have Audio.. If you are planning on using this machine as a Server like i have and sound don't matter really just an idea for you guys :thumbup::headbang:

Link to the Card http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREATIVE-...uterComponents_SoundCards&hash=item5668176704

hey guys just had an idea about the sound on the HP DC7900. you can buy a Sound Blaster audigy 2 and use the KX Driver by KX Project hope this helps you guys heres a link to the card on ebay with this Sound Card you will have Audio.. If you are planning on using this machine as a Server like i have and sound don't matter really just an idea for you guys

Maybe, but like I said in post #1 - The easiest solution is to just plug in a pair of USB speakers.

I use Logitech S150 speakers with mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
71Kgv7ZoI5L._SL1500_.jpg

Easy and cheap solution. Works out of the box for $6.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IRVQ0F8/

Thanks - This really is a low budget build :thumbup:

$89.00 for DC7900CMT with 4G Ram
$64.00 for GT730
$6.99 USB Sound Module
1TB 7200k HD On hand surplus
Extra 2GB ram On hand surplus

I took a flyer on the GT730. It's a new card so there is no info on using it in a hackintosh. It ranks pretty high on Tom's Hardware in the hiearchy of Nvidia gpus for a budget card. Make sure you get the gddr5 version. The other two versions are dogs.

I have built 2 other hacks. An 1156 based Xeon x3740 system with a GTX 550ti and a Haswell I-7 system with a GTX 560ti. I have had various problems with the two newer systems. Mostly freezes and lockups. This budget system is rock solid. I am running two 1920x1080 monitors. One off the DVI port and one off the HDMI port. No freezes, lockups or stuttering from the system or 730 at all. HD video works great.

Sleep doesn't work (system doesn't wake up). That's really not a big deal on a desktop system. I just disabled it in system settings in OSX.

hey there I've ordered the HP DC7900 but the tower version how ever I've also ordered a Nvidia 8400GS and a 2x TB hard drive for back ups how ever I'm going to be running OSX server on this machine.

i will do a video on installing OSX on this machine :headbang::thumbup:

can't seem to get it to boot for some reason starts booting from UniBeast pen drive then all of a sudden it reboots back to the bios screen any ideas? I've booted with -v -x -f and still the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back