Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ThinkServer TS140 - i3 4330 - HD4600 - Yosemite - Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should mention that I have the Xeon cpu in my ts140.

I should mention that I have the Xeon cpu in my ts140.
If you filled out your profile you wouldn't need to.

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Since I published my ThinkServer build document I have made several changes, mainly :
I replaced the i3-4330 CPU with a Xeon E3-1245 v3.

I'm curious how the Xeon is working for you. Currently I'm gearing up to install on an i3-4150 ThinkServer. How much load did you run with the i3 motivating you to upgrade? The Xeon appears capable of handling twice the load of the i3 but I need to justify the cost of going with a Xeon. Thx for everything.

I'm curious how the Xeon is working for you. Currently I'm gearing up to install on an i3-4150 ThinkServer. How much load did you run with the i3 motivating you to upgrade? The Xeon appears capable of handling twice the load of the i3 but I need to justify the cost of going with a Xeon. Thx for everything.

I really liked the ThinkServer, it took to OS X like a duck takes to water but the one drawback for me was its inability to sleep.
I had the opportunity to purchase a p300 ThinkStation at a very reasonable price and it is essentially a TS140 with sleep enabled.
The ThinkStation has replaced the ThinkServer as my daily driver which has now been repurposed as a Windows server.
I realise none of this goes any way near to answering your question but in truth I never really stressed it too much and certainly didn't run any meaningful comparisons between the i3-4330 and the Xeon E3-1245 v3.

Sorry not to have been of more help, thanks for your interest and good luck with your impending build.

Last edited:
The Xeon appears capable of handling twice the load of the i3 but I need to justify the cost of going with a Xeon.

CPU World comparison says the i3-4150's only advantages are lower power consumption and lower price.

Last edited:
CPUBoss compares them and judges it too close to call.
I guess it depends on what you are going to be using it for as both have advantages in some aspects of performance.

Yeah, I guess I'll have to wait and see how everything shakes out for my setup. My main concern is the E3-1246 v3 is at EOL and I really don't want to miss out due to depleted stock if I really need one. I don't plan on taxing the system too heavy, something like pfSense or Sophos, Kodi and some OS test beds. Thanks again for sharing your experiences.

I have installed El Capitan. Using system def. 14,2
After update upgrade to 10.11.6
I get an error in "iCloud"

It reads that my computer ID is not correct.

I can not sign into iCloud.

Any Ideas on how to fix this?

I have installed El Capitan. Using system def. 14,2
After update upgrade to 10.11.6
I get an error in "iCloud"

It reads that my computer ID is not correct.

I can not sign into iCloud.

Any Ideas on how to fix this?
Yes, you should emulate NVRAM.
Use the Clover installer to install EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC Scripts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back