Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ThinkServer TS140 - i3 4330 - HD4600 - Yosemite - Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone been able to use a NVME hard drive and adapter on the ts140 and got it to boot?

got a samsung 960 and adapter...cant get the computer to see it..

Hi! I am installing using MutliBeast. I have a SAS RAOD card. Do you think I can get it to work with the system? Ipulled out the card and am going directly to the Sata0 port.

Last edited:
Hello!

Is there any update to this article, I cant seem to get OSx installed for the life of me. I am using clover.

I got High Sierra installed on it using UniBeast. I can't get a working boot without the USB installer though.

After a number of failed attempts with MultiBeast, and then with Vanilla Clover, I think I may not be understanding something basic about Preboot partitions. Haven't messed with the NVIDIA drivers yet because I want a stable boot first.

I'm going to try to roll back to legacy boot by deleting everything in the EFI folder and working from a clean Clover build.

- I am on Mojave and have no plans to update to Catalina; at least, not for some time. So, I can confirm that Mojave works fine on this platform.
- I have done several installs/upgrades to my TS140 since this thread began. I recommend you do not use UEFI and stick with the legacy boot loader. I've never been able to make UEFI work -- tried all the BIOS settings that are relevant.
- Also, be sure to upgrade the TS140 BIOS. I know there's been, at least, one upgrade since this platform's initial release.

Mm thanks for that. I'll try flashing the BIOS and switching to the legacy bootloader.
I haven't touched the BIOS, so that's a helpful thought.

High Sierra starts fine if I boot Clover from USB (created with UniBeast), but haven't managed to get a successful boot from the main disk, or get the 1050 working properly. I wasn't able to update directly from Sierra so this was a clean install. I'm probably just doing something stupid.

What I've tried so far:
  • running MultiBeast (10.4.0) from scratch, UEFI, just FakeSMC.kext
    • fails to find OS
  • Wiping entire EFI and starting over with fresh Clover package / minimal kexts
    • boots to blank screen
  • Merging previous working EFI from Sierra install with new one
    • Fails to find OS
  • Erasing everything in EFI, started over with MultiBeast, carefully picking kexts
    • Fails to find OS
  • Replacing entire EFI file with working EFI file from UniBeast Install High Sierra USB
    • This is what ended up working for me last time, although IIRC I may have had to mess with some permissions - something else to check
    • Fails to find OS.

I am currently running Sierra 10.12.5. For anybody who is trying to get their HD P4600 graphics card to work on their TS140, try the following:
  1. Install the latest FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.
  2. Under "Devices>FakeID>IntelGFX" section, add 0x04128086.
  3. Under "Devices>Properties", select "NoDefaultProperties".
  4. Under "Devices>Add Properties" section, add the following:
    1. Devices: IntelGFX; Key: AAPL,ig-platform-id; Value: 0300220D; Value Type: DATA
  5. Under "Graphics>ig-platform-id" use 0D220003
  6. Under "Graphics", select "Inject Intel"
I am using a dual monitor setup (Full HD), connected to both DP ports.
So much thanks dude...
Performed step 2 to 6 (including 6), and HD 4600 (cpu i3 4330) turned from 7mb to 1536 mbytes at CATALINA 10.15.7
I tried to skip step 1, I thought lots of things changed during years. I installed latest Multibeast and Clover on PC, so I decided to skip step 1 for the first attempt.
Guess what? Worked as magic.

Now I can settle down for graphics fix issue.
After a cup of coffee, lets work for wireless and HDMI sound.

Hi I have success with Big Sur on Thinkserver TS140 I used opencore, audio ok, video ok with display port onboard

My Lenovo TS-140 worked fine while I used it. I purchased some Lenovo E31 or E32 motherboards for cheap on ebay
I was going to put them into this computer but never got around to it. I have been using an HP Z220 tower ( Convertible ) for a while now. Its easy to work with and very reliable. I have my TS-140's stored in my garage for now. But this was my first real hackintosh. I purchased it when it was selling NEW for cheap on eBay for $225 each. The only thing I did not like about it was that it would not Sleep. I moved on to the HP 8300 tower and then the HP z220 only because they support Sleep and more hard drives. But I really like the TS-140. It was a very reliable computer. It never let me down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back