Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Supermicro X8DAL-I & Dual Xeons X5675

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I've bought the parts for a similar build and for me, the T4 does not fit my board - The backplates aready installed on the board are the wrong size and the included parts don't work to mount the T4 snugly enough. Did you take the builtin backplates off the board or do something else to get your T4s to fit right?

Hey, I've bought the parts for a similar build and for me, the T4 does not fit my board - The backplates aready installed on the board are the wrong size and the included parts don't work to mount the T4 snugly enough. Did you take the builtin backplates off the board or do something else to get your T4s to fit right?

You have to get creative with the T4 mounting studs to make it work. The thread size is correct though. It has been roughly a year but I think I flipped the studs upside-down. The fit is not super tight so be careful not to push them around as you put the board in your case if you don't have it installed first. I've never had a problem with temps.

Hi,

Have you try updating to El Captain using clover? I'm using X8DAH/Xeon 5690x2,but not able to get thu to the boot screen...

Yes, El Capitan and Clover (Legacy) work just fine with my board, but I installed fresh (not an update). Don't forget to auto patch with:

Add Darwin
Add MCHC
Fix IPIC
Add DTGP

Checkout this discussion on X58 HERE.

Thank your very much for the information! I'm able to install and boot from the hard drive now.

Just one more question, did you get the onboard ethernet to work? Driver provided in MB8 don't work for me...

Thank your very much for the information! I'm able to install and boot from the hard drive now.

Just one more question, did you get the onboard ethernet to work? Driver provided in MB8 don't work for me...
Try the Ethernet driver in Downloads menu (at the top of this page) > Kext as they are newer version than the ones in MultiBeast v8.01 as of this post.

Make sure your using appleintele1000e.kext. A small quirk I found with my board on Mavs or Yosemite with Chimera was an occasional kernel panic caused by that kext. Placing it in Extra, instead, resolved the issue. As a result, I leave that driver in the appropriate kexts folder in the Clover EFI.

Let me know if you run into a problem with booting Clover after installing on that hard drive with El Cap. I'm not sure why but I had difficulty but I worked around by making an additional FAT32 partition as small as possible when formatting the drive for installing El Cap. I think it had to be around 6 GB. I could install Clover on the FAT32 partition and boot clover without any issues. I then made sure the FAT32 partition, I named it CLOVER, would not mount with an fstab file created in terminal.

I actually did not have this issue when trying out the Beta version with slightly older versions of Clover. Not sure what could have been the cause because I used the exact same method as when trying out the Beta.

Hi Stork & audioguyjoshno, no... the onboard Lan still doesn't work, but a PCIe Intel 82574L Gigabit Ethernet card in the junk box does. I don't know why but the onboard lan works in Chimera. Anyway, it is ok for me since I have spare PCIe slot available.

Audioguyoshno, so far I don't have problem with booting from clover yet... keeping my finger crossed... I'll update if I run into any problem.

Hi Stork & audioguyjoshno, no... the onboard Lan still doesn't work, but a PCIe Intel 82574L Gigabit Ethernet card in the junk box does. I don't know why but the onboard lan works in Chimera. Anyway, it is ok for me since I have spare PCIe slot available.

Audioguyoshno, so far I don't have problem with booting from clover yet... keeping my finger crossed... I'll update if I run into any problem.

I should have looked instead of assuming you had the same controller as my board. You have the Intel 82576. It might be possible to add the necessary info to IOPCIMatch in AppleIntelE1000e.kext but just searching Google it looks like that controller might not be able to use that driver at all.

You might find an easier solution in the discussion below. Keep in mind I have not tried the driver(s) below.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/156135-intel-network-adapters-os-x-small-tree-drivers.html

audioguyjosh, Thanks bro! will try it out.

The small three driver doesn't work... Other than that, my system is running well. Sleep works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back