Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Supermicro X8DAL-I & Dual Xeons X5675

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a video on YouTube yesterday about High Sierra running on this board. But then it said the video got removed. However I'm working on this same build, and I'll be creating a guide on how to load macOS Monterey on this board.
Have you finished your guide?

Last edited by a moderator:
no i have not. i cant seem to find a working super micro board. every one i buy is a dead board. im going to buy another one but if its shot im going to lose it. 10 super micro boards and they where all bad boards. im going to take one last chance here and give it another go. but if its not im going to cancle my guide and give and use a simlar board to this one. i did find an asus board that is the same as this board tho.
Finally, I’ve received the CPU’s from China :) (E5-2470v2) for my Supermicro x9 dal-i mobo. I’ll load it with 96GB DDR3 (ECC) not sure yet what GPU should I’ll be using… I wish to have 3 HDMI output that's for sure. I’m using a GT710-4H-SL-2GD5 on my current setup but with x8dal-i. And works fine but not strong enough for video editing (davinci resolve) I'm using mainly for music production. My plan with the x9 is to use it for audio and video editing too. So defo need to look for some decent gpu whats work on this hack..also plan to buy (250Gb ssd-for system) and same for backup and something for data 500 perhaps. Hoping to be able to install big sur at least. I haven't done any research would that be possible at all.. my current system is running HS on one drive and Maverick on the other. Both solid working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back