Contribute
Register

Success!! StormTrooper Build - GA-Z77-DS3H/i7-3770K/HD6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Succes!! StormTrooper Build - GA-Z77-DS3H/i7-3770K/HD6870

See the main difference between the 212 plus and 212 EVO.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1189916/best-value-air-cooler-mid-tower-case/10

See post #14

I've got the lower one (212 EVO).

Physical dimensions are the same.

For the photo below, so you can see how the cooler seats with the memory. On the left you the fan of the CPU cooler (black). Memory modules are blue. What you cannot see on the photo is that the fan is slightly over the most right module.

07-CPU-MEM.jpg

Succes!! StormTrooper Build - GA-Z77-DS3H/i7-3770K/HD6870

For the photo below, so you can see how the cooler seats with the memory. On the left you the fan of the CPU cooler (black). Memory modules are blue. What you cannot see on the photo is that the fan is slightly over the most right module.

Thanks. So the EVO and the plus won't fit in my system :(

Any advice on a smaller and quiet cpu cooler?

Thanks for the advice but from this review it seems that the DIMM intrusion of the Arctic CoolingFreezer 7 Pro R2 is even worse than Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus one.

Since i don't need a cpu cooler for overclocking but only for silent operation, what i'm looking for is a heatsink/fan combination that is the same size as the stock cooler with updraft/downdraft fans of standard size (92mm or 120mm) that can be replaced by a silent fan (the Nexus Real Silent 120mm Case Fan which issilentpcreview.com reference fan).

Any advice?

No sorry, Can't help you with that. I choose my fan for silence. And it is really silent. The fans from my videocard are louder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back