Contribute
Register

Success!! StormTrooper Build - GA-Z77-DS3H/i7-3770K/HD6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've received my remaining components last day, and today I finally had the time to put everything together.

I have almost the same components as you....motherboard and cpu are the same. Im using 16 GB of Corsair XMS3-memory, a Seasonic x-660 power supply and a Samsung 830 SSD - oh and a TP-LINK WDN4800.

Everything seems to be running just fine, sound works, lan and wifi works, and the HD4000 does its job, although with some glitches. (hoping this will be fixed with the release of ML)

The only problem I've encountered is that it dosent seem if sleep is working. The display goes black, and when I wake it up I have to "log in" and everything as you might expect, but when the computer is asleep the fan's keep spinning and the light ind my Intellimouse stays on.

So this is quite annoying because sleep is supposed to be the one thing that should work OOB with no DSDT....

Any suggestions? Have you tried using BridgeHelper 5 or did you just go with the guide for BridgeHelper 4?

I've received my remaining components last day, and today I finally had the time to put everything together.

I have almost the same components as you....motherboard and cpu are the same. Im using 16 GB of Corsair XMS3-memory, a Seasonic x-660 power supply and a Samsung 830 SSD - oh and a TP-LINK WDN4800.

Everything seems to be running just fine, sound works, lan and wifi works, and the HD4000 does its job, although with some glitches. (hoping this will be fixed with the release of ML)

The only problem I've encountered is that it dosent seem if sleep is working. The display goes black, and when I wake it up I have to "log in" and everything as you might expect, but when the computer is asleep the fan's keep spinning and the light ind my Intellimouse stays on.

So this is quite annoying because sleep is supposed to be the one thing that should work OOB with no DSDT....

Any suggestions? Have you tried using BridgeHelper 5 or did you just go with the guide for BridgeHelper 4?

I'm also still struggling with the sleep/wake issue. My computer goes to sleep (all fans turn off, power led goes off, etc.), when I wake the computer all spins up (fans, HDD, etc), but the display stays dark. Keyboard is not responding as far as I can see. I tried to turn the computer of with the key combo EJECT+CTRL+OPTION+CMD, but no effect.

As for the install guide. I initially used the bridgehelper 4 guide. But updated my kernel when bridgehelper 5 got out.

I'm also still struggling with the sleep/wake issue. My computer goes to sleep (all fans turn off, power led goes off, etc.), when I wake the computer all spins up (fans, HDD, etc), but the display stays dark. Keyboard is not responding as far as I can see. I tried to turn the computer of with the key combo EJECT+CTRL+OPTION+CMD, but no effect.

As for the install guide. I initially used the bridgehelper 4 guide. But updated my kernel when bridgehelper 5 got out.

Im having this exact same issue (i have the z77 ds3h), goes to sleep fine and wakes up when hitting a key on the keyboard, but screen is black and no response from the machine at all. Please let me know if you have resolved the issue anyway.
Thanks!

Im having this exact same issue (i have the z77 ds3h), goes to sleep fine and wakes up when hitting a key on the keyboard, but screen is black and no response from the machine at all. Please let me know if you have resolved the issue anyway.
Thanks!

I had similar keyboard issue, afther sleep/wake will just plain stop working, + Alert Message: “The device unexpectedly disconnects... “ (External usb Hard Drive ).
able to log in again by disconnect and connect usb keyboard (old mac model).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GA-Z77-DS3H, i5-3570K, 8Gb, GA-GTX 550 Ti, HD SATA II.
Bios F6 + Lion Installation Guide for Ivy Bridge CPUs.

Succes!! StormTrooper Build - GA-Z77-DS3H/i7-3770K/HD6870

Stability has been perfect. I've ran a couple video edits and rendering the video's afterwards. ~3 hour render 1080p of 40 minutes.
The sleep issue remains. Computer goes to sleep. When trying to wake it, it seems to come alive completely, but no screen and no reaction of keyboard.

Maybe go for the same build and use a nvidia card in ML.

Still running Lion on my one.

I'd say a good 8.

Pros:

- Very good cablemanagement :headbang:
- Big enough for long videocards
- the ability to move on of the HDD brackets to the bottom of the case.
- Front USB, Power and reset are placed just right on the top of the case.

Cons:

- the 200mm case fans are to noisy. But that's just my personal opinion. I do not use them.
- case "settles" when components get warm. Resulting in a metal-ish tick.
- USB3 cable runs out the back. No internal connector available

Stability has been perfect. I've ran a couple video edits and rendering the video's afterwards. ~3 hour render 1080p of 40 minutes.
The sleep issue remains. Computer goes to sleep. When trying to wake it, it seems to come alive completely, but no screen and no reaction of keyboard.

Maybe go for the same build and use a nvidia card in ML.

Still running Lion on my one.

I thought sleep was perfect with boards on UEFI? I am buying almost identical parts (same gpu), so it wouldn't work for me either?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back