Contribute
Register

[Success] SpecialOpZ's Haswell ASUS Maximus VI Formula, I7 4770k, HD 7870 x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by the sound? My sound works fine and without any interference noise. Look at the 6.3.1 Multibeast on my very first post.

Your settings are different than what are on there.

Sorry for the late response, but everything seems to be working well now. After updating the BIOS, I replicated your MultiBeast setup with version 6.3.1, which fixed everything but the sound. To fix the it I had to follow some guides by forum adiministrator Toleda. To conclude: the sound was phat.

I'll make a seperate thread for my install with benchmarks and whathaveyou. Anyways, thanks for this thread, it helped me a lot!

Thanks SpecialOpZ's, but that HDMI tutorial it's a bit out of my league, at least so far :)

Right now I have other issues more important than that, also with audio...like my USB headset Jabra biz2400. For some reasons, the device it's not recognised by the OS, even though one time I could see it and used it with Skype but, after reboot/shutdown....no more. :(

Not sure what I can do about the USB sound issue, it's really enjoying. (I need it for my work related meetings)

SpecialOz would you mind giving me a hand with Clover config. I know that you are using Clover on a USB to boot into the OSX and was wondering if you can share how you make that USB.

I have tried today a couple of times using the guide from the forum, but whatever I did, I cannot see my OS X drive. (I see only ntfs drives)

[Success] SpecialOpZ's Yosemite Asus Formula VI, I7 4770K, Dual 7870's

So those of you who copied my build from Mavericks are in luck. This rig runs even better on Yosemite.

Everything works so far, internet, Board Wifi/Bluetooth, sound, video, Blu ray, dvd, etc... Sound is amazing, not even a buzz or anything.

Mavericks build Check it out here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...s-maximus-vi-formula-i7-4770k-hd-7870-x2.html

I have all the same hardware, nothing changed at all.

The Yosemite install was super easy and no modifications were needed. Just created USB installer using the Beast method from here.

IMPORTANT:
1. You do have to run the install with -v. So turn on your computer load your USB stick and boot installer using -v
2. Make sure to disconnect one of your monitors from the video card during installation. Don't know why this had to be done, but it worked. Can reconnect after install.

After the first reboot you also need to -v to complete the installation. Once this is done you are golden.

Few things I noticed: HD 7870 Natively supported, Ethernet card supported during install

My settings: Enjoy :headbang:
Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 3.02.36 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-17 at 3.30.37 AM.pngInternet Speed.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-17 at 2.16.44 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-17 at 2.33.57 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-17 at 3.08.19 AM.png

IMPORTANT:
1. You do have to run the install with -v. So turn on your computer load your USB stick and boot installer using -v
2. Make sure to disconnect one of your monitors from the video card during installation. Don't know why this had to be done, but it worked. Can reconnect after install.

After the first reboot you also need to -v to complete the installation. Once this is done you are golden.

When you say this do you mean you can boot without the usb boot loader?

Also, are all your USB ports working all the time? None of my 3.0 slots are working and when at login screen on Yosemite I have to unplug and replug the keyboard multiple times in the 2.0 slots before it is recognized. I used the exact same Multicast settings as you did above but do not have my wifi or BT installed yet. Thanks!

Hello killer medic. I still need to use the USB stick to boot, as does every other person with a ASUS board from what I understand.

No big deal for me.

All of my USB ports work, including 3.0. The USB 3.0 - Universal driver from MultiBeast will stop your USB ports for working.

I had that exact same problem. So if you installed that driver try re-installing Yosemite and do not use the USB 3.0 - Universal. The USB works fine default

No problems after boot with recognition.

There is a new BIOS for the motherboard, try that out.

Also found this post that saves the NVRam so you don't have to log into FaceTime after every reboot.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298402-os-x-yosemite-dps-builds/page-40#entry2028627

may i ask you what speakers you have because i have 5.1 surrounded system, will it work if i just select alc 1150 on MultiBeast, i tried its not working. there is nothing in output. :rolleyes:
thank you

Did you go into your sound settings and make sure you had the correct output selected? I am just using the one output jack, 2.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back