Contribute
Register

[Success] SpecialOpZ's Haswell ASUS Maximus VI Formula, I7 4770k, HD 7870 x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update*

Both of my HD 7870's are working, they work as two separate individual cards to display. I have one monitor plugged into each card and dual monitor setup is working great.

Screen Shot 2014-06-19 at 11.05.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-06-19 at 11.06.06 PM.png

mariusrg I do not have any problems with this build personally.

Preview works perfectly for me, the way I use it anyways. I use it to:

1. Take screen shots (full and windowed)
2. Upload files to ICloud
3. Scan documents from my Cannon ImageCLASS multifunction printer over the network.

The only thing you would have to fix is the booting issue that comes with all ASUS boards. It's an easy fix and there is s demonstration on Youtube.

I didn't even do this fix, because it wasn't worth the time. I'm fine booting from USB.

** Keep in mind that when installing you must format your boot drive or USB to MBR and not GUID. Formatting to GUID will take you to windows boot (the ASUS boards do this) **

This fix is only if you want to automatically boot to Mac OSX, which if you are not dual booting with windows this is definitely good for you .

I use chameleon to boot off a USB stick because I like to auto boot to windows when turning on the computer.

Bluetooth and wifi work amazingly, plus the bluetooth radio is external and it's magnetic so it can stick to my case.

IMessage, ICould, everything etc... works perfect. You just have to put the FileNVRAM.dylib in your modules folder (bootloader)

I'm actually amazed how perfect this thing runs. It works just like my wife's IMac; but wayyyyyyyy faster :headbang:.

Wow, that's good news. Thanks so much for your updates.

I think you are among the few ones that have a full working machine using Asus MB... I'm still a bit undecided if I should go and buy this MB or go with a Z97 one (z97 seems pretty new in the hack world unfortunately)

In the end I decided to go with the same MB as you, CPU i7-4790 (I'm not going to OC), 32GB RAM (Corsair Vengeance http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-32gb-quad-channel-ddr3-memory-kit-cmz32gx3m4x1600c10) and EVGA GeForce GTX 760 Superclocked w/ ACX Cooling 2GB.

If you don't mind, can you please check if I got the installation steps correct (as bellow)?

- Format USB stick to MBR and make follow the guide "
Create a Bootable USB Drive with UniBeast" http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
- In BIOS i had to optimize defaults, change Rapid start to disabled, HDD from SATA to AHCI
- Install without no boot flag
- Post-Installation Using MultiBeast and your settings mentioned in your first post. (shell I use latest Multibeast version, or use 6.2.2 as you did?)
- use the BCM4352.zip and fix the Wifi+Bluetooth

If I missed anything or got something wrong, please let me know.
Many thanks again your help.

Hey SpecialOpZ,

I am using a similar setup, but somehow I keep encountering problems.

First of all I loaded the Optimized Defaults by hitting F5, Rapid Start and AHCI Mode were enabled as well. Additionally I deactivated the Fan Speed Monitoring, since I have very slow rotating fans, which always results in a "No CPU Fan installed". By hitting F10 I saved the settings and rebooted.

When I first tried to install OSX I would always get a kernel panic, however I managed to fix that by swapping my DDR3-2.133-RAM to my older DDR3-1.600-Modules. Afterwards the installation went fine. I installed on a Crucial MX100 512 GByte, all other SATA-drives disconnected.

After installation I ran Multibeast using the settings you recommend in your post. After reboot however, I encounter several problems.

- No Audio
- Ethernet working but extremely slow
- No Wifi/BT -> known issue, will fix that later

Otherwise it seems to be working fine, however I can't seem to get the crucial things running (Sound and fast Ethernet are very important to me).

I would appreciate any ideas and help.
Thanks in advance,
Tom

looks good mariusrg. I updated my first post because I re-installed Mavericks using the newest good with a couple different settings. I re-installed with newest UniBeast and MultiBeast and everything works well. The only significant difference is the nVidia card. Everything else looks good.

How are things going with your install. Let me know, I have all the files to make things perfect.

In my updated post I used no DSDT setup with UniBeast. Look at my very first post it is current.

Also, I figured out that if you have a SD card reader you will get the error 03 blah a few times before boot to bootloader.

To fix this either put a SD card in the slot 2 partitions, one 2GB for bootloader and rest for whatever.

or disable during boot

Sulfo:

what bootloader are you using?

optimized defaults = good. Disable rapid boot.

Installed newest chimera 3.0.1 on my boot SD card partition

MAC_BOOT and SD CARD are the same card 2 Partitions

Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 2.54.28 AM.png

It sounds like my setup before I use multiBeast. Here is my multiBeast setup to fix the exact problems you mentioned.

Newest MultiBeast

Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 2.29.40 AM.png Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 3.18.55 AM.png Audio is fine here.

From a iPhone app developer standpoint everything is working perfectly. All certificates and permissions work perfectly.

Here is an extremely simple app I was able to put on my iPhone from XCode

Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 3.02.10 AM.png

couple more:

Thanks for the reply and sorry about the Yoseminte deal.

Still waiting on the final HW to arrive, should be here in the next hours, hopefully less :banghead: (got no patience)

Will go with your last config then and see what the output will be.
Thanks again and....will bother you again if you don't mind, if I get into trouble.

looks good mariusrg. I updated my first post because I re-installed Mavericks using the newest MultiBeast with a couple different settings. I re-installed with newest UniBeast and MultiBeast and everything works well. The only significant difference is the nVidia card. Everything else looks good.

How are things going with your install. Let me know, I have all the files to make things perfect.

In my updated post I used no DSDT setup with UniBeast. Look at my very first post it is current.

Also, I figured out that if you have a SD card reader you will get the error 03 blah a few times before boot to bootloader.

To fix this either put a SD card in the slot 2 partitions, one 2GB for bootloader and rest for whatever.

or disable during boot

No problem at all mariusrg, happy to help any way I can. I've spent some time researching and have tried at least 10 different installs.

Did you get your Magic Mouse and BlueTooth KeyBoard? Dual screens, I'm interested to hear about it.

Ok so...I just finished to build the system (almost) and tried to install OSX 10.9.3

I was able to get into the Install without a problem, partitioned the disk GUID, installed OS and, when I try to boot from HDD I get kernel panic.
Tried already with -x but no go :(

20140626_163816.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back