Contribute
Register

[Success] SpecialOpZ's Haswell ASUS Maximus VI Formula, I7 4770k, HD 7870 x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try these settings M using the newest mutlibeast, you don't have the same setup as me. I am not using the on board video I'm using HD 7870's and I use DVI not HDMI.

Screen Shot 2014-06-27 at 3.13.22 AM.png

sulfo for me the sound got fixed with multibeast 6.2.2. With the latest version it didn't worked.

I'm not using the onboard video, but the Geforce gtx760, monitor via DVI and TV via HDMI. Wanted audio for HDMI so that I can have a HTPC with this machine as well. The onboard video card is disabled in bios.

Yeah, I did the hole multibeast install using the latest version as seen in the very first post, but without the sound. Rebooted and then installed only the sound with 6.2.2

After a few more testing today, in the past hours I got no freeze, mouse+keyboard bluetooth are working.

Not working sound over HDMI and, I followed the guide to be able to boot from the disk, but when the OS starts from the EFI boot loader, it gets stuck. Not sure what's the deal there :)

Hopefully I won't get again those freezing issues...but will see how it goes.

The sound over HDMI bugs me now and also the boot issues using the EFI partition.

Got a conf call and was trying to use my Jabra biz2400 via USB and I had the unpleasant surprise to see that it's not recognised at all by the OS. WTF?!!? Is this normal?

A few more hours passed and no freeze so, this is good news at least ! :)

By the way, are the bluetooth devices(mouse and keyboard) recognized automatically after a system reboot?

Yes everything is recognized after reboot. For your Jabra, try using the inputs on the back of the computer. Make that your sound settings are are correct in settings menu.

I tried every USB port front and back, but I don't see the device in settings-sound-output devices.

I managed in the meantime to fix the boot, looks like there was a " " space in the boot plist "-v". Once I removed that, the system is booting fine.

Hi everyone
I just finish installing a rig same as you but Formula Extreme and GTX780Ti on Maverick 10.9.3 everything seems working BUT Once i open browser, safari or chrome it's just Freeze, mouse and key not responding.
I install the externe Nvidia driver and yes it's has been update.
The original driver just crash my preview.
Anyone can help?

I had also my system freezes on me many times, but I think it was related to the front USB ports (not 100% sure though)

One other issue beside HDMI audio that I have is with deep sleep. After the system goes into sleep, I have no audio. (drivers used from multibeast 6.2.2)

Congratulations with the flawless isntall Opz. We have the same motherboard, and the reason I chose mine was because of the dedicated sound-components. The sound was really phat on Windows, but I don't think that's the case anymore on my Mavericks install. I have a feeling it's now using something other than the dedicated sound-components. Could you confirm if this is the case or not with your install?

Here are the drivers I'm using.
zOioAI9.png
I was a bit unsure on how to go about updating the BIOS, so I didn't do it. Is this really important?
My BIOS version is ver 2.10.1208.
I couldn't get the sound to work with the newest Multibeast, but I got it working with version 6.2.1. The problem I'm having so far is I get random crashes, which are happening more and more frequently , and seem to be triggered at random. I've had this install for three days. Sometimes they happen when my computer is inactive, sometimes when I use it. Though, when it's in use, they always happen when I do an action. Could this be related to having an equally large, empty FAT-32 partition on the drive (1TB hard-drive)?

I'll do a reinstall shortly and will post my benchmarks as soon as I've connected to the internet, this time without the FAT-32 partition and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back