Contribute
Register

[Success] SpecialOpZ's Haswell ASUS Maximus VI Formula, I7 4770k, HD 7870 x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so...I just finished to build the system (almost) and tried to install OSX 10.9.3

I was able to get into the Install without a problem, partitioned the disk GUID, installed OS and, when I try to boot from HDD I get kernel panic.
Tried already with -x but no go :(

View attachment 97032

I updated the bios and managed to get in with -x, installed everything as you did with multibeast but after the reboot it's spinning forever.
What am I missing?

I updated the bios and managed to get in with -x, installed everything as you did with multibeast but after the reboot it's spinning forever.
What am I missing?

Use the -v flag so you can actually see what is going on and where it is stalling.

Ok so...I just finished to build the system (almost) and tried to install OSX 10.9.3

I was able to get into the Install without a problem, partitioned the disk GUID, installed OS and, when I try to boot from HDD I get kernel panic.
Tried already with -x but no go :(

View attachment 97032

Use the maxmen flag (maxmem=4096) and see if you can boot.

I managed to get the audio working using Multibeast 6.2.2 Yuhooo!

Now another issue is with audio over HDMI. If I plug the TV to hdmi output on the Geforce, I get no sound.:(

Edit:
Also, the system seems unstable...it freezed on me twice in the past 30min... Going to reinstall from the scratch.

Ok just got back to your replies. I haven't tried using HMDI for sound, I use the output jack. I can test it to see if it works though. Are you using the HMDI from your Video card or the board?

OH YEA! Forgot to tell you:

Plug all of your SATA devices in the ports closest to where the main power molex is for the board. Start with those ports and work your way down. Especially plug your HDD drives there.

IMG_0012.jpg

Oh yea, good idea. Try taking out your memory sticks except one. I was able to install with all my sticks but it is only 16 GB, 4x4 GB.

I'm using the Intel s-ata ports, the ones that you are mentioning.

I reinstalled Maveriks like 5 times already....the install works ok, but after using the multi beast drivers....its keeps freezing on me and I have to push the reset button. Not sure what's wrong. In windows I have no freezing issues, so it's not a bad HW.

Not sure how I'm going to tell whats the problem with my build, it's not at all stable.
If you have time, please check the HDMI output (from Geforce card) if you have sound, i think we may need to do something else to get that working.

Uff, it's harder than I thought it's going to be :(

It drives me nuts....I tried so many combinations, but it's keeps freezing on me over and over again after fresh builds using multibeast settings as posted below.

What else I can try, as it's seems a dead end for me? :(

Hey Opz,

thanks for the tips. Ethernet is working fine now, speeds are as expected. I disabled Rapid Start in the UEFI as well.

Sound however is still not working for some reason. Which Multibeast version did you use? I used Multibeast version 6.3.1. and used the settings in your screenshot.

Which UEFI version is running on your board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back