Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Spballer's Build: GA-Z97X-GAMING-GT / i7-4790k / Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been doing alot of trail & error on my hackintosh and met with tons of issues for more than a week now and followed your guide yesterday and things are looking good today! Had a minor issue trying to install my graphic card but had it fixed after installing cuda(tho there are words that it does freeze your com). All is working well now!

MOBO: GA Z97 Gaming 7
CPU: i7 4790K
Graphic: GA GTX 970 G1 Gaming
RAM: 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro

Thanks for the guide, really thorough!
I have pretty much the same system just different brand of ram and not the EVGA 970 reference card. I have this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487076

For the initial USB install I had to add GraphicsEnabler=No as I was getting "panic(cpu 6 caller 0xffffff80002526ff): "a freed zone element has been modified: expected 0xdeadbeefdeadbeef" error with about 8 minutes to go.

I didn't use it once installing from the main HD though, your directions did the trick.

I will do a post of my build (even though very close to yours ;) ) once I have everything working.
Once again thanks for the effort and time you put into the guide!

Marvellous.

Thank you for the guide. I know what I'll be working on after my exam on Monday... and I was going to get drunk, pfft.

This will make it THAT much easier to start working on getting my R9 290x running smoothly with Yosemite. :)

Cheers,

Dan.

mindaugela,

Strange... You could try clover, not sure that'll do it but people do seem to love their clover set ups. Let me know how it goes.

dirtyoldrag,

Very happy to hear you are up and running smoothly :thumbup: Let me know if I can help with anything else!

webnik,

You are most certainly very welcome, I wouldn't be enjoying my hackintosh without the help of many other members and this site in general, its just my way of paying some of that back. Look forward to checking out your build thread :headbang: !

DRL87,

You are welcome, and I hope it gives you a good head start on your machine! I'm not sure what exactly is required for R9 290x, but I'm sure you can find the answers you need with a little searching. Best of luck and keep me updated, I'd be curious to see the process behind getting the AMD to run.

Interesting... How many p states are you getting?

You can check with DCPIManager

Hi spballer - What system def are you on? I was curious how many p states you get. I'm on 3,1 and am just getting 8, 40, 42 and 44. I'm guessing switching to 14,2 would provide more as it's more reflective of my actual hardware.

Thanks

Hi emjay96,

I too am on 3,1.

I get 8, 40,41,42,43, and 44.

14,2 may provide more states, not sure. Wasn't part of what I looked at when I was switching system definitions in search of the best benchmarks. Could be interesting to check out though... I won't have time to do that in the immediate future, but if you get around to it please post your results :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back