Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Silent but Violent GA Z370N - i5 8400 - 16GB - 500GB NVMe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey thanks for your message.
I presume you have updated to 10.13.4?
My machine has completely disintegrated unfortunately - major graphics glitches etc. Luckily I have windows to get me by.
The major glitches should be solved by changing your definition to 18.1 or 17.1, try that. 18.1 worked for me better, glitches are rare or none now.

The major glitches should be solved by changing your definition to 18.1 or 17.1, try that. 18.1 worked for me better, glitches are rare or none now.
Oh cool thanks for the heads up - I have been getting horrible glitches. I will give both 18.1 and 17.1 a go and see how I get on.
I was also thinking of going down the route of Mac Mini but I don't know if I get too much of a hit performance wise

Looks like it helped for most builds with 630. Regarding the Mac Mini to go with the current iteration it would be huge downgrade. Lets wait if Apple will bring a new one on WWDC in June or not :)

Looks like it helped for most builds with 630. Regarding the Mac Mini to go with the current iteration it would be huge downgrade. Lets wait if Apple will bring a new one on WWDC in June or not :)
Haha sorry I meant macmini SMBIOS as they don't have a GPU. Yeah I am curious as to what their new Macbooks/iMacs will be like!

Haha sorry I meant macmini SMBIOS as they don't have a GPU. Yeah I am curious as to what their new Macbooks/iMacs will be like!
Aaah, sorry :D In that case definitely try 14.2 first as a kinda safe bet, but higher ones should work as well. About the Macs I am curious too because I am going to buy new MPB15 as a replacement of my 8 years old one (one of the things I like Apple, 8 years is very decent age for laptop considering its working conditions :)

Aaah, sorry :D In that case definitely try 14.2 first as a kinda safe bet, but higher ones should work as well. About the Macs I am curious too because I am going to buy new MPB15 as a replacement of my 8 years old one (one of the things I like Apple, 8 years is very decent age for laptop considering its working conditions :)
Wow that's very good indeed - they should use your laptop in an advert haha.

I want a new one as an all in one machine.
I currently have the itx hackintosh above as my home pc a 2011 15" as my travel machine (dual ssd) and I want to combine both into one machine, connected with one cable etc (just like apple have envisaged lol)

See, your laptop will have 8 next year as well! Thats what I call quality products :) I started with hackintosh just two days ago and its not as bad as I expected...great community here. Just iMessages I can't get run on it for some reason :/

See, your laptop will have 8 next year as well! Thats what I call quality products :) I started with hackintosh just two days ago and its not as bad as I expected...great community here. Just iMessages I can't get run on it for some reason :/
Haha yeah actually, good point I didn't even think like that - 8 years indeed!

Regardin iMessage, have you set the correct serial nr in your config plist?

Open Clover Configurator
Mount your EFI partition
Open your clover.plist
Go to SMBIOS
Open Terminal
Type UUIDGEN
Copy the output number to SMUUID in Clover Configurator
Save and Reboot

I still don't know that the "correct" means exactly. According to the Fix iMessage guide it should be an existing valid ID which is not used yet. But anything generated by clover is invalid or used. The procedure you mentioned I tried too (https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh...unt_limit_reached_how_to_change_serial_nmber/) I am irritated by that even more since it worked at the beginning because I installed the emulated NVRSM bootloader but then I wanted to try native one and it doesn't work since then :/ You have it working with native? Currently I always get verification code, confirm it and stuck right after that here:

I still don't know that the "correct" means exactly. According to the Fix iMessage guide it should be an existing valid ID which is not used yet. But anything generated by clover is invalid or used. The procedure you mentioned I tried too (https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh...unt_limit_reached_how_to_change_serial_nmber/) I am irritated by that even more since it worked at the beginning because I installed the emulated NVRSM bootloader but then I wanted to try native one and it doesn't work since then :/ You have it working with native? Currently I always get verification code, confirm it and stuck right after that here:
Correct just means a serial nobody is using.

Try the steps I have outlined - it should work fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back