Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS]Sierra&Win10 | i5-7500 | GA-H270N-Wifi | Quadro K1200 | Samsung 960pro NVMe | iMac17,1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey GhostHitWall - are you using the Quadro K1200 with Sierra? If so I'd be curious as to how it's working. That's a Maxwell card I believe. I'm trying to figure out my next Graphics card for my upcoming Hack which will be going inside a Jonsbo U2, so I need something small.

@moming
Just uploaded

@vlad1966
Great choice of case!
I actually did quite a bit of research on sff builds.
To be honest with you, the K1200 is not a good buy if you don't match all the conditions in my build.
1. Half Height
2. Single Slot with out modding
3. Multiple 2160p displays
4. under 75w tdp (most 75w card actually pull about 85w, k1200 is only 45w tdp)
5. sleep/wake works properly

I am not a professional CAD/graphical content producer, can't really comment onto professional use of it being a Quadro card.
By looking into the U2, which support dual slot, full height, and I believe it has room for auxiliary power.
I would look into a short GPU like rx460, rx470, if you can live with the boot with black screen.
Or gtx950, gtx960, gtx970 short, if they are still available.
For rx470, XFX makes one listed as 22cm.
For gtx960, EVGA makes one single fan, short card which is about 18cm.
All of these cards are more suitable for home users.
750ti is still good as well, depends on your desired resolution and monitors setup.

Any luck with the wake without reboot. I just using the HD630 as this is a 'server' rig, would be good if it would sleep over night, or better yet wake on bonjour calls from sleep for network shares etc

@idarryl unfortunately, since HD530, there's no known fix for wake/sleep AFAIK.
If power consumption is your concern, I suggest to just use display sleep and leave the machine actually on 24/7.
7100T doesn't seem to be a power hunger chip at all.

What did you have done to support the CPU correct by osx ?

I have also an Wifi/BT card and can't get 5GHz Wifi and sleep to get working...
Which step are you stuck on?
You need to change the FakeCPUID in both config.plist on USB drive and your system drive.
Like the way I stated in Installation in post #1
The "About This Mac", I did not change anything, so it is not recognizing the CPU name.
This doesn't really bother me tho.

Do you have the same wireless NIC I have? What steps have you tried?

I have following Card:
BCM94360CD

Befor i connected the card withe the USB cable , my system sleeps . It was fine.

But i have problems with configuring the USB ports right . I'm a noob :lol:
So you are saying that you have the whole system installed properly, just USB3.0 isn't working?
And you don't have USB SSDT in the patched folder?
How are you connecting your NIC through USB physically? By an adapter?
I really need more information to be able to help you detailed.

Hi ghost, few days ago I tried to build Hackintosh with H270N - WIFI motherboard, 8GB DDR4 RAM, i3 7100 processor with HD630 graphics but unfortunately something with graphics happened bad... everything working but I have some graphics blinks when I do something like wrote text.. I think that I bad spoofed card when I installed system.....
I have question about if I can fix it without complete reinstall or how do I reintalled correctly?
When I gave system to flash drive I opened EFI than rewrote config and than I started with installation... do I have to get there kext to graphics or can it wait to post install? Thanks for help
And one more question... is HD graphics good or bad for system?

@Sothapana I think what you need is the skylake glitch patch.
Post#1 look at step 6
I just tested on a clone drive that HD630 works absolutely no problem even at 4k.
I didn't apply the 4 display patch, so I don't have dual monitor capability on HD630, might look into it tmr.

HD630 and HD530 are very similar, and so far it seems that all technics applied on HD530 works on HD630.
As a SFF builder, I really love to see if Intel desktop CPU packed with the latest Iris gpu, but still, HD graphics are good options definitely.
If what you do requires no intensive work. I don't see why spending extra $ on a dGPU.
The only downside is the machine won't be able to resume from sleep. So far there's no fix, and likely won't have one.
Display sleep is fine(not tuning off the monitor power, macOS can set as turning display off only which gives a solid black, none back-lit screen.)
I personally must have sleep function working, so that's why I bought the nVidia gpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back