Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS]Sierra&Win10 | i5-7500 | GA-H270N-Wifi | Quadro K1200 | Samsung 960pro NVMe | iMac17,1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, in that case, why don't you try to install macOS on a separate drive?
And the only thing you need to do is not to accidentally format the working WIN10 drive.

Because I have only one 500GB SSD drive and I'd like both OSes on that drive, but as a temporary solution I could follow your advice and install Win10 on the other (magnetic) drive, then do a fresh install of Win10 on the SSD once MacOS is installed.

Hi,

This is my first Hackintosh build. I have the same setup as you but using onboard graphics. I am trying to follow this guide but getting lost at these steps:

The Basics:
  1. Edit plist using Clover Configurator
  2. Create SSDT using maciASL <-- where do i find this?
Increase port limit:
Kernel and Kext Patches → KextToPatch → +

how do i enter this info?
  • Name: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
    Find: 83BD74FFFFFF10
    Replace: 83BD74FFFFFF1B
    Comment: Increase port limit
Also, do i use any boot args with the initial install of the UEFI?
When you open up Clover Configurator which is a plist editor just like Text edit and plist editor pro.
However, Clover Configurator use HEX not the base64 encoding, so what you type in Clover Configurator will be converted to base64 encoding. There's a built-in converter on the left but only base64 to HEX.
Once you open up Clover Configurator, you can mount the right EFI partition on corresponding drive. In this case, it's your USB drive. Creating USB by UniBeast upon completion will automatically mount it for you.

You then select the little House icon, or Home icon directs to Clover Configurator home page.
This will show all the possible plist that it can find. The correct one is the USB(listed as external) /EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist
And double click on it to open it up. This is the file you will be editing, nothing else.

I guess you will be able to figure out the rest by just looking into the right section in this config.plist and add the entries.
Remember to save it after you are done.

I will update the Rehabman's maciASL link later.
If you have problem creating SSDT for your USB ports, you can use mine.

Boot arg used at installation is only dart=0 and -v and nv_disable, using a iGPU I think you don't even need the nv_disable.

Last edited:
When you open up Clover Configurator which is a plist editor just like Text edit and plist editor pro.
Use Plist Edit Pro or Xcode and not Text Edit to edit config.plist files.

Use Plist Edit Pro or Xcode and not Text Edit to edit config.plist files.
I favored this statement, Text Edit is fine as long as you are careful, but you never know when you would make a mistake.
Since a wrong formatted/corrupt config.plist=no plist at all.

Last edited:
However, Clover Configurator use HEX not the base64 encoding, so what you type in Clover Configurator will be converted to base64 encoding. There's a built-in converter on the left but only base64 to HEX.
Once you open up Clover Configurator, you can mount the right EFI partition on corresponding drive. In this case, it's your USB drive. Creating USB by UniBeast upon completion will automatically mount it for you.

You then select the little House icon, or Home icon directs to Clover Configurator home page.
This will show all the possible plist that it can find. The correct one is the USB(listed as external) /EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist
And double click on it to open it up. This is the file you will be editing, nothing else.

I guess you will be able to figure out the rest by just looking into the right section in this config.plist and add the entries.
Remember to save it after you are done.

I will update the Rehabman's maciASL link later.
If you have problem creating SSDT for your USB ports, you can use mine.

Boot arg used at installation is only dart=0 and -v and nv_disable, using a iGPU I think you don't even need the nv_disable.

Thank you so much!

Everything is working except for the audio and the USB 3.0.

Tried to install audio by placing kexts in the "Other" folder but not sure how to 'install' them.
Tried USB 3.0 steps except not sure what /L/E is and when I restarted, got a kernel panic.

@treamer
By placing in EFI Clover kext folder means these kexts get loaded prior Apple system kexts.
I am not entirely sure but ''I think'' you will need to rename the two items I listed in DSDT patches.
Whether you are using nVidia GPU or Intel GPU you will need these DSDT patches to get HDMI/DP audio works anyway.

/L/E is Library/Extensions
/S/L/E is /System/Library/Extensions
Go to my original post at section Install macOS Sierra to drive & EFI, you will understand.

AppleALC is designed to not modding any existing kext(AppleHDA) from apple.
So it must be placed in the Clover kext folder. It is a plug-in of Lilu, so Lilu.kext must be present in the same folder or in the plug-in folder of AppleALC(right click, view content).
Remember to change your layout ID to 11 in config.plist under Devices(Looks like a drop down, you can just type 11, default should be 1)

@treamer
By placing in EFI Clover kext folder means these kexts get loaded prior Apple system kexts.
I am not entirely sure but ''I think'' you will need to rename the two items I listed in DSDT patches.
Whether you are using nVidia GPU or Intel GPU you will need these DSDT patches to get HDMI/DP audio works anyway.

/L/E is Library/Extensions
/S/L/E is /System/Library/Extensions
Go to my original post at section Install macOS Sierra to drive & EFI, you will understand.

AppleALC is designed to not modding any existing kext(AppleHDA) from apple.
So it must be placed in the Clover kext folder. It is a plug-in of Lilu, so Lilu.kext must be present in the same folder or in the plug-in folder of AppleALC(right click, view content).
Remember to change your layout ID to 11 in config.plist under Devices(Looks like a drop down, you can just type 11, default should be 1)

Got it. Will try that out.

Final problem: I have the onboard graphics working with one HDMI but when I plug in two HDMIs, the Hackintosh doesnt detect the second.

Got it. Will try that out.

Final problem: I have the onboard graphics working with one HDMI but when I plug in two HDMIs, the Hackintosh doesnt detect the second.
I didn't really looked into this particular problem, but I suppose the one not working is the top one?
You may want to look into skylake 4 display patch.

I didn't really looked into this particular problem, but I suppose the one not working is the top one?
You may want to look into skylake 4 display patch.

It is a problem on both. Whichever one is plugged in second does not work

why don't show us the EFI config file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back