Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS]Sierra&Win10 | i5-7500 | GA-H270N-Wifi | Quadro K1200 | Samsung 960pro NVMe | iMac17,1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you please guide in more details these steps?
Where can I access "Quick Start"? Do you mean install Clover EFI Installer?
So sorry, I am a newbie then I could not follow until this steps.
I am using a Samsung 960 EVO NVMe
He's referring to MultiBeast.

Apple uses a modified version of NVMe. If you want to install Sierra on your Samsung 960 EVO NVMe, you'll need to follow RehabMan's [Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof. You can see how I used RehabMan's guide in my Gene build description (link in my signature block).

@thanhps
No problem, thats what forums for.
1. NVMe drive and Clover EFI are not directly related, even if you are not using a NVMe drive, you would still need Clover bootloader.
2. You need to launch MultiBeast, and there's an icon on the top left corner quick Start , select UEFI.
and then go to the last tab named build, choose install.
What this will do is install Clover EFI bootloader on your drive and tweak some settings in the config.plist in the newly created EFI partition and essential kexts. You will still need to add more tweaks in config.plist.

3. Follow the guide as Stork linked to Rehabman's NVMe kext guide. Place the kext either in L/E or clover/kext/10.12 or clover/kext/other. Make sure you install kext properly.
Place the SSDT-NVMe you created in CLOVER/ACPI/patched. This will allow you to use your NVMe drive as boot drive.
If you are using the same motherboard I'm using, you could use the SSDT I provided for NVMe. The .aml file is the right one that is compiled so machine can understand. .dsl file is for us to read and make changes.

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-7_7-40-39.png
    upload_2017-5-7_7-40-39.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 767
  • upload_2017-5-7_7-48-41.png
    upload_2017-5-7_7-48-41.png
    224.1 KB · Views: 770
@Stork & @GhostHitWall: Thank you very much for your help.
I installed Sierra on my M.2 SSD successfully, it can directly boot from my SSD and I am trying to make USB 3.0 and audio work.

However, I got another problem regarding to my built case. My M.2 SSD often disappear in boot screen (in BIOS also) then I could not continue. It happens 50-60% of times even I updated the newest BIOS version :(
Do you have any idea about this problem?

@thanhps
I did not have this problem before. Maybe you should check,
1. If you have the SSDT configured properly and place in the right location.
2. Remove the patch for NVMe in config.plist
3. rehabman's NVMe kext is generated with the macOS vanilla NVMe kext with the flag of spoof, so two kexts can coexist.

USB needs SSDT to be stable, same idea that you should remove kext patch once you have one.
Use boot flag to disable additional ports until you have only 15.
Also, make sure you have the two kexts installed properly(USBInjectALL and 200 series injector)

There's a few ways to make ALC1220 work, I prefer lilu + AppleALC kext. Must be in Clover kext.
DSDT patch renaming HDAS to HDEF is required.
Alternatively, I tried patching AppleHDA which also works.
one other thing to keep in mind is to always make sure kext are properly installed.

Last edited:
@GhostHitWall: Big thank for your reply. I reinstalled one again from the begin following guides, and it works. Actually, I am responding to you on my Hackintosh.
This is my first Hackintosh, even my first experience on macOS so that I am very exciting :)

I am connecting with Ethernet connection and I have to buy a WiFi/Bluetooth card.
But I am not sure which card is the best choice for my built and also my limited budget.
I prefer to replace the original WiFi/Bluetooth card on my mainboard (GA-H270n-wifi) by a new one, to saving my PCI-e port.
Could I do that with some M.2 cards like BCM94360CD, BCM94331CD or BCM94360CSAX?
Give me some advice, pls.

@thanhps
If you prefer to use the M.2 A/E key on the mobo, just take out the Intel 8265 came with the board and place an adapter + Broadcom NIC will do the trick.
Since you are using the same board I am using, HS08 is the port for the front M.2 with USB 2.0 device (Bluetooth). As long as you have HS08 present, BT will work.
As for dual band WiFi and hotspot, continuity, handoff etc...
I recommend getting a fully compatible Broadcom NIC which works out of box and all functionalities in effect.
The particular model I suggesting is BCM94360CD, you can get a M.2 A/E key adapter to Apple's proprietary connector on those NIC from many sites including eBay and Amazon. Though from experience, they most likely ship from China which may take some time to get to your location.
This NIC is by far the latest and fastest I have my hands on. Requires 4 antennas.
I cut two more holes on the back IO for the additional antennas. The U. FL connector is also larger which I bought this PCIe adapter on Amazon (because they ship fast.), and take those antennas off from the adapter.

If you don't want the hustle and just want a quick easy install, BCM94360CS2 is the one to go. Slightly dated and slower NIC, also full compatible, only two antennas (the pair came with mobo will work)

NICs are about $15~$20, adapters are about $20. Antennas I spent $20 on another adapter and took it off.. the price for just U. FL connector should be lower. None of them are expensive in any sense.
Not sure if tonymac allowed to post links not from Amazon or Newegg, but neither these two platforms sell the adapter.
Google 12+6 Pin Wireless BCM94360CS2/BCM943224 Card To NGFF Key A/E Adapter For Mac OS
You should be able to find the adapter. 94360CD/CS2/2CS all share the same 12+6 pin connector, and all work OOB on Sierra up til 10.12.4

Enjoy and good luck.

Last edited:
...Not sure if tonymac allowed to post links not from Amazon or Newegg...
They are not only allowed, but encouraged as you can witness in Post #1.

Hi @GhostHitWall,
Thank you for your help.

After read your comments and looked around our forum, I decided to buy a new Fenvi-T919 card from HongKong.
I have just received my Fenvi-T919 after 10 waiting days.

Actually, Wifi has worked out of the box. But I have problem with Bluetooth.
I connected the USB header to the card.
Maybe the system can recognize it because bluetooth always ON.
However, I could not discover other bluetooth devices and vice versa.

This is Bluetooth information in System report, the address is not correct I think.
Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 5.0.4f18
Hardware, Features, and Settings:
Address: 00-00-00-00-00-00
Bluetooth Low Energy Supported: No
Handoff Supported: Yes
Instant Hot Spot Supported: Yes
Manufacturer: Unknown
Transport: USB
Firmware Version: 0.0 (0.0)
Bluetooth Power: On
Discoverable: On
Connectable: Yes
Auto Seek Pointing: On
Remote wake: On
Vendor ID: 0x8087
Product ID: 0x0A2B
HCI Version: 1.0b (0x0)
HCI Revision: 0x00
LMP Version: 1.0b (0x0)
LMP Subversion: 0x00
Auto Seek Keyboard: On

I still keep the Intel 8265 card on the board because a little bit hard to remove it from my case. But I don't think this may cause the problem.
It seems nobody has the same problem with me.
Do you have any suggestion for me in this case?

Hi @GhostHitWall, I solved it.
I found your comment on ******.com and removed pre-installed Wifi card on my mobo and it worked.
Thank you very much for your effort :)

@thanhps
sorry I am traveling, don't come up on tonymac that much often.
I am glad you solved the problem, have fun with your hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back