Contribute
Register

Success - Sierra + Kaby Lake i7 7700k + ASRock Z270 Extreme 4 + G.Skill 32GB ddr4-2400 + GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
try using verbose mode - hit the spacebar when the Clover menu appears...
Used verbose mode.
"Using reloc block:no, hibernate wake: no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++_"

That is it. It locks up here.

I also typed at boot arg: "-v -x -s FakeCPUID=0x0506E3 nv_disable=1" and it locked up at same spot.

Used verbose mode.

I also typed at boot arg: "-v -x -s FakeCPUID=0x0506E3 nv_disable=1" and it locked up at same spot.

What SMBIOS are you using?

Used verbose mode.

Used verbose mode.

Sorry for the delay. I had started a reply earlier and something came up I had to attend to.

A few things to check, do you have fakeSMC.kext in your kext folder? Also check for things like PartitionDxe-64.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in drivers64UEFI.

You can also try using kext-dev-mode=1 in as a boot arg.

Im not sure if FakeCPUID can be used as boot arg. Im not sure why you would not be able to access this in the Binaries Patching menu in the options menu.

Update us after checking this and we will go from there.

What SMBIOS are you using?
Please take screenshots of the Clover boot menus SMBIOS and Binaries.

If you have this set up right, what you mentioned should get you in. You have not made any other changes, correct?

Well I gave this a shot last night and no success. I was not able to prepare the USB with Clover Configurator because it will not install on my notebook which has 10.7.2.

Delphius, please confirm which settings you changed in the bios. When comparing the recommendations on the logicbugs guide you linked to my bios the only settings to change aside from graphics were: XCHI Handoff = Enabled and VT-D = Disabled. Is this all you changed or was there more?

When I try to add the CPU fakecpuid at clover boot at Options > Binaries Patch > when I type nothing appears. I can add string to boot args and I added "FakeCPUID=0x0506E3". Also mouse is not working at clover boot screen. I use mouse and pointer just moves a little but not direction I'm trying to go (connected via USB 2.0). After confirming fakecpuid was a boot flag I choose usb and system hangs. There is a white apple on black and it hangs there. No text, nothing.

Any ideas? Thanks for help!

I forgot to answer the questions about the bios. XCHI Handoff = Enabled and VT-D = Disabled is the basics. But I think I also remember disabling the usb 3.1 for the install. Im pretty sure I was able to turn this back on post install if needed but since I dont use it I have loaded any kexts for it yet. I dont think this is causing the current hang up for you though.

Sorry for the delay. I had started a reply earlier and something came up I had to attend to.

A few things to check, do you have fakeSMC.kext in your kext folder? Also check for things like PartitionDxe-64.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in drivers64UEFI.

You can also try using kext-dev-mode=1 in as a boot arg.

Im not sure if FakeCPUID can be used as boot arg. Im not sure why you would not be able to access this in the Binaries Patching menu in the options menu.

Update us after checking this and we will go from there.
I now do not have a mac to look at files on unibeast flash drive. I tried updating my notebook to Yosemite and I'm having issues with that. Is there anyway to look at files on unibeast flash drive from a windows pc?

Please take screenshots of the Clover boot menus SMBIOS and Binaries.

If you have this set up right, what you mentioned should get you in. You have not made any other changes, correct?
No other changes. I will take screenshots this evening.

I forgot to answer the questions about the bios. XCHI Handoff = Enabled and VT-D = Disabled is the basics. But I think I also remember disabling the usb 3.1 for the install. Im pretty sure I was able to turn this back on post install if needed but since I dont use it I have loaded any kexts for it yet. I dont think this is causing the current hang up for you though.
I caught the usb 3.1 issue in your guide and that also was disabled.

I wonder how people fix iMessage that easily, I literally did that guide 3x to the letter and it still won't login.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back