Contribute
Register

[Success] Sierra (now Big Sur) - ASUS Prime Z270-A - 64GB - i7 7700K 4.2Ghz - XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried and removed it but still no luck. Can't even reach clover. When I select to boot from usb screen just goes black and then back to bios. Same bios version, same bios settings.

I'll try a new usb thumb and redo the unibeast preparation.

Ok finally got it to work! apparently El Capitan is not capable of creating bootable USBs so the solution was simply to update my Air to latest Sierra, and then redo the whole UniBeast process.

Ok finally got it to work! apparently El Capitan is not capable of creating bootable USBs so the solution was simply to update my Air to latest Sierra, and then redo the whole UniBeast process.

Pretty sure this whole thread and jktaurus8s guide I'm referring is about Sierra ;)

:headbang:Nice you got it to work

El Capitan will create an El Capitan USB? Did you find a User Build about ASUS PRIME Z270-A and El Capitan?

Pretty sure this whole thread and jktaurus8s guide I'm referring is about Sierra ;)

:headbang:Nice you got it to work

El Capitan will create an El Capitan USB? Did you find a User Build about ASUS PRIME Z270-A and El Capitan?

Yee, finally :D !
I downloaded Sierra and UniBeast to my MacBook Air that was running El Capitan. But apparently El Capitan itself has a bug when creating bootable USB. So UniBeast told me everything went well but the USB was not actually bootable UEFI. So I went back to the Mac, updated it to Sierra. Then, downloaded Sierra and UniBeast again and created the bootable USB and this time the USB stick was bootable from the hackintosh bios!

EDIT
For a reference https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/4zbjor/el_capitan_usb_installer_doesnt_show_up_in_uefi/

Hi there,
I am currently preparing a build very similar to this one, the only last thing is the motherboard- I am still hesitating between the Asus Prime Z270-A and the Gigabyte Z270-X Ultra Gaming.

Would you guys retrospectively recommend the Asus? Just asking for an update regarding the mobo.

Thanks

Hi there,
I am currently preparing a build very similar to this one, the only last thing is the motherboard- I am still hesitating between the Asus Prime Z270-A and the Gigabyte Z270-X Ultra Gaming.

Would you guys retrospectively recommend the Asus? Just asking for an update regarding the mobo.

Thanks

I have had zero problems with the asus, mobo. So I'm more than pleased with that one. I guess the gigabyte would work as good! Don't really think it matters. Go for the one with the best selections of connectivity by your taste and needs.

I have had zero problems with the asus, mobo. So I'm more than pleased with that one. I guess the gigabyte would work as good! Don't really think it matters. Go for the one with the best selections of connectivity by your taste and needs.
Thanks for your reply, I will give it a go :)

I'm still having trouble getting the audio drivers working correctly, even after trying the Multibeast configurator, manually applying the AppleAHC using kextbeast, and setting the type to 1 using clover.

Any other ideas for what I can try? Everything else seems to be working fine.

margate's Build: ASUS Prime Z270-A - i7-7700K - GTX 1060
Hi,
I'm completely new on this thing (building a pc) and have no idea.
In first place, I'd like to "cost" the whole thing. So, I started looking for the parts you have here, but I can't find exactly the same parts. Could you please check the list below and tell me if it would work with these parts and if i can reduce somehow the cost of it?? Thank you in advance!

The list:
1 Mother Board. Asus Prime Z270-A
2 CPU. Intel Core i7-7700k 4,2GHZ
3. GPU. VGA Gigabyte Geforce GTX1060 wWindforce 6GB
4. RAM. Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 2800MHZ (2x16GB)
5. PSU. Corsair AX860I Digital ATX-860W 80 Plus Platinum
6. SSD. Samsung EVO850 M-sata 500GB sata3
7. HDD. Seagate Barracuda 2TB sata3
8. Cooler. Corsair Hydro Series H45 Liquid
9. Tower Case. CASE CORSAIR GRAPHITE SERIES 780T FULL TOWER ATX WHITE

I see that you said that video card was not installed during process, so does it mean that this cpu supports on graphics board.

Looking to use this as my first Hackintosh build for my audio production setup and had some questions:

- I'm planning on using a iStarUSA 2U chassis, would this present any problems?

- Any reason for using a 1000 Watt PSU when a 600 Watt PSU should do the trick?
(I can get a 600 Watt PSU for free)​

- Is this a stable enough build to run an audio production workstation on?
(the build meets the requirments of the DAW I'm using and its supported plugins)​

Thanks for the awesome guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back