Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] shipbu1lder's build of GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, i7-3770K, GTX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SUCCESS] shipbu1lder's build of GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, i7-3770K

Thanx Stork;

Def don't want to hijack Shipbu1lders thread, but I really appreciate the input. I am not sure what happened to my sig, I had fully filled out but looks like only one line came through. I apologize for not seeing the description on the multibeast docs. I read it as I chose my selections too :p

I have an Ivory Bridge 17 3770 and did learn how to make the MacPro 5,1 work. I will probably do some reading and see if accepting the iMac 12,2 description is worth more than the cool factor of the Mac Pro.

Still interested in hearing from you Shipbu1lder. Please feel free to message me or email me Stork. I would love to have a contact on here.

P

Love the build. The tower is gorgeous.
Good to see if Thunderbolt is needed these boards are simple to build and get full compatibility.

BTW, How quiet is your case?

Love the build. The tower is gorgeous.
Good to see if Thunderbolt is needed these boards are simple to build and get full compatibility.

BTW, How quiet is your case?

It's not bad, not overpowering but not perfectly quiet either. I installed the side fans as well as the front fan for maximum push/pull and of course there's two fans at the top that work in conjunction with the radiator. I run them on low speed which keeps my temps at an average of 32 to 40 degrees Celsius.

Take care,

Bob

...I am not sure what happened to my sig, I had fully filled out but looks like only one line came through...
See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on system descriptions in your signature block. :thumbup:
relaydenied said:
Still interested in hearing from you Shipbu1lder. Please feel free to message me or email me Stork. I would love to have a contact on here.
We do want you to hide your problems or solutions in PMs as it deprives others with similar issues from learning the solutions. So, please post your problems and solutions for all to see in appropriate threads. Again, see the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies.

Good question! I'd like to know too. I haven't bothered updating my bios mostly because of fear.

Stork:

Sorry for not being familiar with the rules. I have read recently and am now compliant ;) I did have concern for hijacking a thread as happens in other forums. However it looks as this board follows most posts pretty well. I will try to create a [success] post soon now that my system seems stable and include my hardware there. A little baffled at why the sig limitation helps but you guys know best.

I must say, as I posted earlier, this site has been a HUGE (yes in caps) help to me. Not only did this site give me the confidence to venture into this challenge, but also gave insight on each issue along the way. I hope I can share my experiences along the way as well. I sincerely thank all of the efforts put forward by all who contribute here. As a 15 year veteran in IT from the beginning days of Mac and Windows (yes a few years ago) it was very enjoyable to to forgo this challenge. I look forward to learning much more.

atriozef:

I am using F11 BIOS on a Z77X-UP5-TH and my system is extremely stable. The only issue I have had so far is with iStat. I wish a work around were available as I really like the reporting and have depended on it at times.

P

hye bob, i am wondering what bios version did use for this hackintosh?

I'm using the latest version which I believe, at the time of building the machine, was F11. I know there's a beta version of F12 but I prefer not to go to a beta and wait for the final release unless I'm having some sort of problem that the beta might fix. So far, everything is working just fine.

Thanks,

Bob

I'm also happy to report that my bluetooth setup is working great. I purchased an Apple Bluetooth Card Board for PC/Hackintosh off of eBay (don't want to post the link because it will probably change or might disappear). Just go to eBay and do a search for this. It mounts internally and plugs into a USB header (2.0, not 3.0). It's recognized by OS X and no additional software or drivers are required. I did have some problems initially though.

I had purchased a Targus bluetooth mouse that comes with a small USB dongle. It supposedly works off of the dongle and wakes from sleep. Well, it didn't work well at all, mouse very jerky and poor tracking. So then I purchased the Apple Bluetooth Card Board (which, by the way, comes with an antennae that can be positioned outside the case for maximum range).

First I tried the Targus mouse without the dongle but it didn't pair with the Apple Bluetooth Card. Then I tried the Apple Magic Mouse (bluetooth) and it was recognized and paired immediately. It seemed to work fine initially but tracking still wasn't good and in minutes it lost connection.

Out of curiosity, I plugged the Targus bluetooth dongle into a USB 3.0 port on the front of the case. The Apple Bluetooth Card is still installed. For some reason, the addition of the Targus dongle solved all of my problems. It's been running for 3 days now and I haven't lost connectivity even once. Tracking is perfect, all of the gestures work properly with the Apple mouse and it wakes from sleep. Now I'm seriously thinking of getting the Apple bluetooth keyboard as well to eliminate that one cable on my desktop.

Take care,

Bob

I tried, for me doesn't work :((

I'm not sure why that doesn't work, may have something to do with your headset. I have a rather inexpensive headset that has the microphone attached (and it can't be taken off of the headset) and mine works just fine. I have to switch the setup from internal speakers to one of the line out connections in the system settings which then disables the internal speakers, but other than that, it works great.

I get up rather early in the morning and often view any new YouTube video's I might be interested in so I like to switch to the headphones so I don't wake the wife :)

Take care,

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back