Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] shipbu1lder's build of GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, i7-3770K, GTX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have been trying for 2 days of installing Mountain Lion on PC, and it is working great. However, I have a small problem which is the sound problem which i don't know what is wrong with it... :( First is it working, but it not working properly, so i try to reinstall the driver (upgrade).

Now, I can't hear any sound from the OS, eve though, I already install the MultiBeast 5.3.0 (without DSDT, ALC 898).
Any solution :(
Plss HELP me

Running on....
Intel Core i7-3770
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
evga GeForce GTX 670
WD 2TB

Sorry, I'm not sure I can be much help, I'm no expert by any means. It took me several different motherboards before I was able to get everything to work out of the box using this motherboard but that doesn't mean it will work for everyone because there are other factors such as the other hardware you have installed. I just know that if you use the exact same hardware that I used, everything should work.

I've upgraded the OS several times to OS X 10.8.4 now and everything still works great. Every time you update the OS you have to run Multibeast again to reinstall your drivers such as audio and repair permissions. Other than that, everything works fine.

Your sound problem could be any number of things. It might be a hardware conflict, it might be a BIOS setting, it might be a bad motherboard, it might be you plugged something in wrong. A quick and easy fix that I used on other mother boards was to plug in a USB sound dongle. I bought one at Best Buy, plugged it into a USB 2.0 port and then configured sound in the Settings app, worked out of the box, no drivers had to be installed. You plug your speakers and microphone into the dongle. If you try that and it works, just leave things as is. That's your best bet.

Take care,

Bob

Open up both the Sound System Preference Pane and Audio MIDI (Applications/Utilities) and synch them. Sometimes, you have to "line up" the correct sound output, provided, of course, that you've loaded the correct Realtek audio driver from MultiBeast. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back