Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] shipbu1lder's build of GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, i7-3770K, GTX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SUCCESS] shipbu1lder's build of GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, i7-3770K

45825-system-settings-audio.png

This is what my Sound Preference looks like. If I want to have the sound output go to the front panel headphones/speaker jack, I switch the output to one of the Line Out ports.

Take care,

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:

Mouse and keyboard work fine. Awakes from sleep by pressing mouse button or any key on keyboard.

I don't have Bluetooth installed yet but I just ordered a bluetooth adapter from ebay at http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Bluet...IC-/271114605183?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

I also purchased the Targus bluetooth mouse from Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HQFJYI/ . I like that mouse because it uses optical for scrolling rather than mechanical. As soon as the bluetooth adapter arrives and I get it installed, I'll let you know how the Targus mouse works. Supposedly it will wake the computer from sleep unlike many bluetooth setups.

I tried the mouse with it's small dongle bluetooth adapter and movement was real jerky. The small dongle has a limited range and that might have been the problem. I'm hoping the one I bought on ebay will be much better with a much stronger signal. From what I read about it, it's suppose to work with any bluetooth mouse and be able to wake from sleep.

Take care,

Bob

45825-system-settings-audio.png

This is what my Sound Preference looks like. If I want to have the sound output go to the front panel headphones/speaker jack, I switch the output to one of the Line Out ports.

Take care,

Bob

I tried, for me doesn't work :((

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey so about the auto sleep: my research got a working solution for me. Leave the EIST on in the BIOS. What you need to do is disable darkwake. Download the Chimera wizard and turn off darkwake. It fixes everything except it ejects USB connected devices Upon waking especially external USB drives. The solution to that problem would be to turn off the PLL voltage in BIOS. I know you aren't overclocking so that would work for you and give you functioning pstates/speedstep. I have done the darkwake adjustment and it fixed it for me.

Goodluck

Hi there! I have the same build and processor. It's working great except I seem to have issues using the blue USB ports on the back of the computer. At present, I'm just not using any of the blue ports, and am using a Belkin Powered USB 2.0 hub to give me all the USB 2.0 ports I need. I don't have any USB 3.0 devices yet, but I would like to know if and how USB 3.0 works on this motherboard. I'm using bios version 11 btw. I'm looking for solutions. If you have any ideas, please share.

As for Autosleep, the solution I've found which works great is to download a little application called PleaseSleep. Make sure it is set to start up when your machine does, and you're good to go. I've now used this on 3 different boards. Here's a link where you can download it: http://www.dragonone.com/products/macosx/pleasesleep/

Thanks

Pandar

I don't have any USB 3 devices but I did find that my targus bluetooth mouse dongle only works on a USB 3 port. It doesn't work at all on a USB 2 port.

I haven't tried the PleaseSleep application, but I might give it a try. When I know I'm not going to be at my computer for a while, I just put it to sleep so autosleep isn't a big issue for me.

Take care,

Bob

Nice build! I have the same one. I'm a first-time hackintosh-er and was wondering why you used the iMac definition vs a Mac Pro definition?

The please sleep app has worked for a lot of people but gave me kernel panics and USB issues. Overall my system felt unstable. But if it works for you then go for it.

Hi Shipbu1lder;

Glad things went smooth for you. I have just finished my first build as well defined in sig. A lot like yours. I went through a number of KP's and other challenges on the way up. Now have learned how to use boot flags and will try to solve the issue if it happens again instead of reload. I did not select the Chimera option in Multibeast. I saw many people didn't and assumed it must install it by default in order to boot. Do you know where it installs and how to query the version number? I would like to check.

I assume you used the iMac definition for the performance boost. I loaded mine as a 12,2 as well in one of the earlier builds. On a later build I discovered how to get the Pro 5,1 running and selected it. I however did take a bit of a hit in geekbench, approx 14,600 to approx 13,800. I kind of like the Mac Pro label though and the system is PLENTY snappy ;)

I am curious about your choice of bluetooth adapter. Connecting to the USB header costs me front case ports. Why that choice over a USB bluetooth adapter? I am asking before I order one.

Thanx for your time, and I hope you are as pleased as I am at the success of this challenge. The building and loading challenges took me back to my good ole IT days.

P

...I did not select the Chimera option in MultiBeast. I saw many people didn't and assumed it must install it by default in order to boot. Do you know where it installs and how to query the version number? I would like to check.

I assume you used the iMac definition for the performance boost. I loaded mine as a 12,2 as well in one of the earlier builds. On a later build I discovered how to get the Pro 5,1 running and selected it. I however did take a bit of a hit in geekbench, approx 14,600 to approx 13,800. I kind of like the Mac Pro label though and the system is PLENTY snappy ;)

I am curious about your choice of bluetooth adapter. Connecting to the USB header costs me front case ports. Why that choice over a USB bluetooth adapter? I am asking before I order one.

Thanx for your time, and I hope you are as pleased as I am at the success of this challenge. The building and loading challenges took me back to my good ole IT days.
See page 3 of the MultiBeast Feature document, which came with MultiBeast, for the listing of the defaults for selecting EastBeast and "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation". The latest version of MultiBeast uses the current version Chimera.

The default System Definition is MacPro3,1 because it works 99.99% of the time for new builders.

However, if you have a Sandy Bridge system and using HD3000 Integrated Graphics with multiple monitors, then a Sys Def of MacMini5,1 works best. MacPro3,1 works fine with Ivy Bridge HD4000 and multiple monitors, though.

If you have power management issues, then the MacPro4,1 or 5,1 might help, but now we talking about experimenting. If you have a 1156 socket system then iMac11,1 might work best for you.

HP ProBooks have found the Sys Def of MacBookPro8,1 works for them with their built-in display.

Finally, the new MacMini6,2 works also on Ivy Bridge systems.

Bottom line -> use the default MacPro3,1 to start out to get your system working, then refine based upon knowledge of others. :thumbup:

Reference: http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Smbios.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back