Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

I Just found out if I use Geekbench as soon as my pc boot up I got metal score of 186831 best score for me yet!

I got a 6900 XT (XTXH), I did the device-id thing but I still get so low metal scores:

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 12.31.39.png

And the extensions are updated:
Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 12.36.21.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 AORUS ULTRA
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-11700K
Graphics
MSI Radeon RX 6900 XT GAMING Z TRIO

Can someone help me to figure it out why I got those low results?

Attachments

• System Dump.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 34
  • PCI Dump Hackingtool.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 43
  • EFI.zip
    10.5 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
I got a 6900 XT (XTXH), I did the device-id thing but I still get so low metal scores:

MSI Radeon RX 6900 XT GAMING Z TRIO

Can someone help me to figure it out why I got those low results?

Any chance you're running one of the 12.3 betas?

My scores are half what they are in 12.2, this is not a good sign, thought it was just me as no-one else has reported the problem. Seems like a driver change. I'm running a stock 6900 XT.

Any chance you're running one of the 12.3 betas?

My scores are half what they are in 12.2, this is not a good sign, thought it was just me as no-one else has reported the problem. Seems like a driver change. I'm running a stock 6900 XT.
Yeah, I do have 12.3 beta, but did u run the benchmark on 12.2 and have better results?

Yes, when I boot into 12.2 score is 195k, but on 12.3 they are 95k.
to downgrade to 12.2 I must reinstall the whole SO? Or there is something that I can do?

As far as I know that is correct, there is no going back unless you made a complete backup (clone).
Already downgraded and I confirm what u said about 12.3 beta causes a GPU malfunctioning. With 12.2 I got 193k

Already downgraded and I confirm what u said about 12.3 beta causes a GPU malfunctioning. With 12.2 I got 193k
Hello, Do you got any temp issue with your z trio ?
Like much high idle temps than in windows?
I got that with the 5700 xt (and the vega befor it), apparently Osx video driver make the memomry run at max speed when connected to a monitor that do more than 1080P 60Hz. But I can do a little something about it.
So I am wondering if it is still the case with these RDNA2 graphic card.

Last edited:
Hi @6rollo6

You have to look in the official OpenCore release package, not in the EFI. After you download it from the Acidanthera Github site, then unzip it, you should have a folder called OpenCore-0.7.8-RELEASE.

The SSDT-BRG0.aml file is in the Docs > AcpiSamples > Binaries folder.

Here it is, just in case you can't find it.

Edit: What @zappy39 said! :D

Thanks @tedyun @zappy39 , got it! :)

My XFX 6900 XTXH will arrive in 1 or 2 days, what will be the procedure to get it running? Do I have to make any settings before I replace my 5700XT with the 6900XTXH or shell I install the card right away and contact you afterwards?

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it!!

Edit: My SYSTEM/PCIE dumps + EFI attached

Attachments

• 6rollo6_System-Dump-Hackintool.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 6rollo6_PCIe-Dump-Hackintool.zip
    11 KB · Views: 44
  • 6rollo6_EFI.zip
    77.1 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Back